What do I take to the hospital?

sxynecie
on 4/26/04 7:18 pm - Jonesboro, GA
This is all to the Post Ops, what do I take to the hospital with me? I know they provide the gown and I will provide my own housecoat.
mikkozoe
on 4/26/04 8:51 pm - Conyers, GA
well they will give you the gown ( which i was glad for cause i did not want to deal with any other clothing while i was there) but bring your bathroom things like tooth brush and tooth paste and then anything specialyou might use to wash your face with ....They gave me some since i did not bring mine but the hospital stuff is nothing compaired to your stuff from home...And then i brought a book just in case i wanted to read but that never happened but you never know LOL LOL LOL but i think that is about all you will need !! hope that helps Laura
sxynecie
on 4/26/04 9:14 pm - Jonesboro, GA
Thanks Laura, I think I will put a book in my overnight bag. Who knows?? I might get a chance to read it. Since I was told that I will be getting very little sleep at the hospital. Mrs. J
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/04 11:21 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Mrs. Jackson, I hear that chapstick is a must. I don't think you will need too much since Dr Duncan's patients are released early the next day. Maybe a housecoat, back scratcher, chapstick and a book. God Bless, Tonya
MsJ
on 4/27/04 3:03 pm - Atlanta, GA
I agree with Becky. You can bring a book...but you won't read it.. trust me.. the morphine pump will be your best friend..and most of your time will be spent trying to get comfortable. Definitely bring chapstick...because LAWD...your lips will be dry.. especially since they only give you ice chips every two weeks. Hee Hee. Bring an extra pillow for the trip home...and you know the undies and stuff. I wore a long gown...which still gave good access to my wounds..but I didn't flash folks when I went for my walk down the hall way. And yes LAWD that helicopter will get on your last nerve in the middle of the night.. but it will be alright...the beeping of the medicine pump will be a trip. It only happens when you run out of meds...maybe because I am junkie and I kept pressing it... ha ha. See you there....
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/04 10:39 pm - Warner Robins, GA
OK I have to say this b/c I can't stand to keeping it to myself any more....every time I see Mrs Jackson and Ms Jackson(b/c I do read y'alls profiles ) The song "Sorry Ms JAckson" by Outkast runs through my head. I'm sure you heard this a million times before and are probably tired of it but I just had to ge that off my chest. LOL Tonya
Most Active