Help

Blackbutterfly
on 4/26/04 8:29 am - duluth, GA
Hi, everyone. I need a little help. I have been approved for my surgery with BCBS PPO. Approval was the easy part. Now for the hard stuff. My Surgeon is Dr. Hart. He has required me to lose weight to be exact 50lbs. I must be at 300lbs to have the surgery. I am losing weight at the moment I am down 10lbs butttttttttttttt I really want my surgery done as quick as possible. I have a consult with Dr. Burrowes April 29th. Has anyone used him before? If so how did it go? Any suggestions on other Dr's?
Sunny D.
on 4/26/04 8:38 am - South, GA
Check with Dr. Champion or Titus Duncan.
NAT
on 4/26/04 9:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Serita is Dr. Hart insisting you loose the weight before you get the testing or is all that done? Is he just gonna give you a date now or what is the deal with that. You can start your testing and by the time that is done you should be at your goal. I am thinking that the time would have flew by, by the time you start over with another doctor. I know Hart is at the top of his field and has had not one death. The hospital he is at is very clean and professional and his staff is great. But than agian Burrows is great also. My supervisor and her sista both went to burrows. Duncan is also great but his weight is long and he requires you to loose wieght also... NAT
KerriGLPN
on 4/26/04 9:57 am - 'Tifton, GA
Serita, hello! I began out using a dr in Macon. (Dr. Williams) He continued to want me to loose down to 375 but I could never get down to it! I put it all in the lords hands and went with Dr. Henderson in Brunswick, Ga! He didnt mind me being 380 and has actually done pt s that weighed over 600! I am so happy that the ins comp has approved you and hope and pray that everything else will come to order for you! Congrats on the 10#s thats a great start! Wishing you all the best! God Bless, Kerri
KymMomOf5
on 4/26/04 12:49 pm - eatonton, GA
HI. Dr. Bruce Case in Atlanta is good. He was at one time Dr. Burrows assistant I believe. (my friend and fellow patient told me) He is my doc and I like him very much. Also, things moved very fast...consult on 2/11/04 pre-op on 03/11/04 and surgery 03/25/04. Good Luck! ~~Kym~~~ open 3/25/04
Most Active