BLUECROSS INSURANCE

teresa D.
on 4/26/04 6:48 am - athens, ga
I have Bluecross Blue Sheild Insurance and I work for Walmart. I just wonted to know if there was anyone out there that has been approved with this insurance. I have tryed to get perapproved and was told that they dont cover this at all.
KerriGLPN
on 4/26/04 7:05 am - 'Tifton, GA
Teresa, HellO! I have a friend that had BCBS and she got her surgery covered without a problem. Make them give you a policy book so you can study and go after them if its not in there! This is your life they are messing with! IT can be a big, long drawn out battle but the victory in the end is well worth it! I did hear last week that BCBS was talking about banning the surgery so check into it! Take care and God Bless! Kerri
NAT
on 4/26/04 7:42 am - Atlanta, GA
Oooohh be careful. Don't let them fool you. They don't want to pay for it flat out. So you have to be more detailed. bcbs is the #1 payer of this surgery. They do plan on excluding this from there policy in the new yr for alot of businesses though. For most of our bcbs holders as long as it's medically necessary(key word to use) it's a covered procedure. I recomment you see a surgeon whos office if familier with insurance approvals. Some offices are really bad. They don't know what the insurance needs making you have to ride an appeal and that can just plain suck!!! Check out my profile there is a list of what emory made sure I had before they even thought of sending it to bcbs. I was approved the 1st go round and once the medical board got it I was approved in less than 24 hours. Good Luck
Amy Williams
on 4/26/04 10:44 am
Teresa, Tell them you want a certificate booklet or something stating the exclusions. I have heard that BCBS with Walmart does have an exclusion for surgery though. Sorry to say Amy
Most Active