Surgery in Savannah,GA

MICHELLE L.
on 4/26/04 1:25 am - RINCON, GA
My surgery date is May 11th in Savannah,GA. at Memorial Health University. They have just started a new bariatric program. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/04 1:48 am - Warner Robins, GA
I wish you well and pray that the Lord guides your surgeon's hands. Tonya
karen43
on 3/15/07 9:32 am - hinesville, GA
hi tonya my name is karen and i am going to have the r-n-y in savannah at memorial with dr andstadt i just hope they do lap rny i really dont want to be cut from chest to belly button. did you recover fine with yours? i live in hinesville and you can e-mail me at karen 43 on obesity help ,com i sure would love to hear from you about him. and your surgery. thanks again karen
Sunny D.
on 4/26/04 3:37 am - South, GA
I went to Atlanta for mine. It was a long trip. Is the surgeon new or are they bringing an experienced one in from somewhere else? Do they do lap? I have a friend who is checking on surgery with Champion now but she lives in sav. I will have to let her know about this. I wish you all the best!!! You will not believe what a difference this will make in your everyday life.
dakins
on 4/29/04 10:44 pm - Statesboro, GA
Hi Michelle, Please check to make sure the doctor has done at least 200 surgeries. There is a girl in Vidalia, Ga that is suing a doctor from this hospital that about killed her. He is no longer there but she told me he had only done 25 surguries and he had made her pouch to small and she almost died. Do not mean to scare you just want to inform you. Debbie
lisasolis
on 4/30/04 9:14 am - Rincon, GA
Ohh do I hate to post this. Dr. Angsdadt is the surgeon who is in charge of Memorial Bariatrics in Savannah. He is an excellent surgeon with good credentials, and Memorial Health University is a great hospital. I have spoken to his assistant at length and she said he has donemany surgeries such as transplants. When I attended Memorials first informational meeting, the doctor answered all questions very honestly. He has never done any surgeries yet laproscopically. He said he has assisted in some open surgeries. The time in the operating room with him will be about 4 hours. He probably will be very good and I have spoken with some people who have had surgeons with experience but not laproscopically and come out fine. That is how I would make my decision.
Most Active