Gastric Band Erosion

willierussell
on 4/25/04 2:23 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
My name is Willie K. Russell and I am trying to find a surgeon who will treat me problem since I no longer have insurance. Dr. Celio Burrowes was my original surgeon and he won't see me due to my financial situation. Please help steer me in the right direction! I having abdominal pain, swelling, nausea, etc. My Gastroenterologist did an EGD last Wednesday and my band has definitely eroded completed. I have the pictures as living proof. Thanks, Willie K. Russell [email protected] 770-513-3866 or 404-452-5406
Sunny D.
on 4/25/04 10:04 pm - South, GA
You may want to try a facility like the Medical College of GA. I don't know if they have any bariatric surgeons as residents but in a teaching hospital, I think they have to serve a certain % who can't pay. I'm not sure about this but it would be worth checking into. I'm very sorry for your pain and troubles. Please keep us posted.
Siddy I.
on 4/26/04 12:21 am - Savage, MN
Willie, I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Have you tried Emory? I hope you get the help you deserve soon. Take care Sidney
willierussell
on 4/26/04 11:17 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Thanks for the support. I will call Emory tomorrow. I would love to hear from anyone else who is having a problem like this too. Please call or contact me.
willierussell
on 4/26/04 11:15 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Grady told me today that it would be June or July before I could have surgery so my gastro is going to try to help me find someone too. Thanks for your concern and prayers.
NAT
on 4/26/04 5:56 am - Atlanta, GA
Like Siddy I was gonna recommend Emory. I am not sure if they take medicaid or not but if you don't have insurance can you get that at least to get the surgery. Call Emory see what they say Bariatric Ph 404 778-5673 fax 404 778-5368
willierussell
on 4/26/04 11:19 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Thanks for the information on Emory it surely can't hurt to try.
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/04 9:07 am - Warner Robins, GA
Willie, I just wanted to say that I said a prayer for you. I hope you are able to contact a surgeon that is caring enough to help you. God Bless, Tonya
Most Active