Pre-op tests begin tomorrow

DeeDee_Cole
on 4/25/04 12:35 am
I go tomorrow for the beginning of my pre-op tests. Wish me luch as I'm as nervous as it gets! Tomorrow is the pulmonary function test - then I go Wednesday to have the rest of them done. I'm ready to get the ball rolling - but the nerves are pretty high. Can anyone tell me what to expect with these tests? It's getting close.......YIPPIE! (P. S. I'm still looking for an angel! )
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/04 12:01 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Diana, I haven't gotten to the pre-op stage yet, but I just wanted to wish you well! I will say a prayer for you! God Bless and Stay Well, Tonya
MIke R.
on 4/25/04 12:36 pm - Ball Ground, GA
Diana- The PFT will be a brezee! Deep breaths and blow... They will need a little blood, but not much. The rest of the test will be simple too! Good Luck! Mike
littlebit
on 4/25/04 11:59 pm - Locust Grove, GA
The only bad part is drinking the stuff. YUK!
Siddy I.
on 4/26/04 12:27 am - Savage, MN
The worsat part was the blood gas stick. I wont lie to you, it hurt, but it was over soon. Drinking that goop for the upper GI was no walk in the park. Just remember to drink lots of water afterwards so you wont get "stopped up". You'll do just fine. Dont sweat it. Take care. Sidney
DeeDee_Cole
on 4/26/04 10:51 am
Okay - I have the test and OWIE the Artery stik hurt!!!!! The rest of the test was a breeze.....LOL I go on Wednesday to have the rest of the tests..... so until then i'll take it easy! Thanks for all the kind words and support! XO XO XO Diana (Dee Dee) Cole
Most Active