doctor will not refer me

Shelly A.
on 4/22/04 7:38 am - Conyers, GA
I went to my general doctor this week to inquire about me possibly getting a referral for the surgery. She said I could lose the weight on my own. She showed no interest at all in giving me a referral. What do I do now?
Rebecca W.
on 4/22/04 8:20 am - Cleveland, GA
Hello shelly, My other PCP doctor did not want to refer me either. So I found another doctor that would and believes in it. I had all my records sent to him so he could review my situation. He said no problem he would write the letter. So check around in your area for a pcp that supports WLS and change. because you need one that will support you and agree to see you after surgery. good luck. Rebecca
Amy Williams
on 4/22/04 3:35 pm
I would definately find another primary doctor.
kiwani
on 4/22/04 10:18 pm - columbus, ga
Shelly, i had to bug my pcp for over a yr. but when i got serious and took all that i could find to and researched my surgeon, gave him all the statistic i could find on the computer, listed all my diets... he looked at me and said "no problem" like i had never even asked him before.. he said he needed to know that this was last resort for me and that i was well informed and it wasnt a whim... i went in ready to swich dr.'s and i would have, but i didnt have to even say that to him thank god, cause i love this man , but iwanted this surgery , and i would have found a pcp that would refer me if i had had to.. good luck, and if you like this dr. go in armed to the hilt with information, if you dont mind switching dr.'s then do that .... you can also ask the sugeon of your choice fo a name of a pcp in your area that is wls friendly.... hope this helps kiwani
Siddy I.
on 4/23/04 2:01 am - Savage, MN
Find another doc ASAP. I know that Dr.Deborah Goodri*****onyers is very WLS friendly. She helped me out alot! E-mail me if you want info on her. Sidney
cheche00
on 4/23/04 2:25 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Dump her you pay her! Get another PCP change your doctor now don't wait they are trying to stop this surgery in some state already!!
sxynecie
on 4/23/04 5:11 am - Jonesboro, GA
Hi Shelly, Dump her!!!, get another PCP. Charlotte
Most Active