Question for Dr. Champions Patients ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

lisasolis
on 4/18/04 1:53 am - Rincon, GA
Okay, I got my call with insurance approval and we discussed finances. I was wondering what comes next. I think I may get a call for a pre-op packet - does anyone know how long it takes before I get the pre-op call? Do they schedule my surgery on the next call also? I can't stand the waiting. Any info would be appreciated> Thank you all.
Sunny D.
on 4/18/04 9:59 am - South, GA
Hey Lisa- Seems like my insurance was approved and I was given the first appointment Dr. Champion had. I had about a 3 month wait. I was told to be in the morning before my surgery. We had a meeting at the office, met with Champion then went to the hospital for bloodwork, x-ray and echo cardiogram (I think). Then you are told to come back in the morning. You wait-wait-wait then everything happens really fast. I had my office packet filled out prior to the insurance approval so I'm not sure what you're talking about with that? Let me know if you have any other questions.
Kay Holder
on 4/18/04 10:06 am - Mableton, GA
From what Sherry told me, I will get approval, and we will set the appointment then. They are making surgery dates for the first of May right now. I have my 4500 ready to go... I just needed the damned approval to go through. Maybe we will be date twins?
lisasolis
on 4/18/04 10:22 am - Rincon, GA
I hate to bring up money but I have blue cross of calif ppo and I only have to pay 3200 - not in network either. They told me it would be more - but after insurance approval the final price went down. Hopefully yours will too.
Kay Holder
on 4/18/04 10:28 am - Mableton, GA
it;s okay. Since he's out of network, my insurance will only pay 60 % but it's worth it to me. I won't be getting hardwood floors, which is what the money was for, but I will use what's left over and get new carpet.. so it's not a total loss
Pat Bell
on 4/20/04 6:30 am - Southeast, GA
Dr. Champion was out of network for my insurance also, but my insurance paid him the 80% once I appealed on the basis that there were no Gastric Bypass doctors in network. It might work for you too.
Most Active