important question!!!???

red_31331
on 4/17/04 11:56 am - crescent, GA
i live in mcintosh county. my doctor is peter henderson in brunswick ga. anyone else has or had henderson as their doctor? if so if you are not sure about your insurance comapny do they check in to it for you;if you will be denied or have been will tehy call and notifiy you before your appointment?
lisasolis
on 4/17/04 11:38 pm - Rincon, GA
Hi - I live in Bryan County (Richmond Hill) I have heard of Dr.Henderson many many times and he is very good. The clinic has a lot of testing they do and you have to attend a 3 day workshop. I think you will do good with him. You say you have Blue Cross of South Carolina - I have heard good and bad about them. You need to stay on top of them calling the doctors office and insurance company. If they say there is no coverage make them show you. If you are very overweight maybe you can appeal it.
Pat Bell
on 4/20/04 6:53 am - Southeast, GA
I'd call Dr. Henderson's office and ask for the Insurance desk, then ask how it is handled. I used another doctor and they told me it was up to me to verify that I had the insurance coverage then they would take over. A lot of people in our support group have used Dr. Henderson's group. They seem very pleased with his program. I don't know of any serious complications or mortalities. His patients can't say enough good about him. Even if you are denied double check with your HR person at work to make sure you don't have the coverage. United Healthcare has told two people I know they didn't have coverage but when they went to HR at the company they worked at they found out they did have coverage. United ended up paying for both surgeries. I hear of other companies doing the same thing. Best of luck
Most Active