I am ready to give up; someone help me!

red_31331
on 4/16/04 7:50 am - crescent, GA
Hello all. I am new to all of this. I am having a hard time. I am honesty close to tears as i type this. I am 23 years old and i weigh 300 lbs. I hate myself, the way i look, and they way others see me. I strated looking into wls and i decided that i would take it to the next step. I filled out all of my paper work at dr.hendersons office and made my appointment. I have an appointment for the 23rd of this month. I have insurance, so i thought that everything would be alright... i was wrong! Through the company my husband works for they had an exclusion, and we all know what that was.. yes WLS! Now someone any one help me, guid me, what should i do? Should i cancle my appointment or what? I know what i would like to do to the stupid exclusion help me someone!!!
NAT
on 4/16/04 8:31 am - Atlanta, GA
I have a friend who used henderson here is her website http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=C1072836531 check it out. Also is it a exclusion like never will be perform the surgery or only with medically necessary patients. Call and ask. What is the exclusion per say. If it's never will we pay then if you keep the visit your gonna have to pay out of pocket, are you ready for that? Also does your husband have the option to change insurance companies with open enrollement for insurance. BCBS is a #1 payer but rumor has it most companies are writing it out of there policies. They will cover but the company buying the insurance for there employees will have to pay alot more for it. Alot of the companies are just saying forget it. NAT sent you a email
red_31331
on 4/16/04 8:47 am - crescent, GA
thank you!
lisasolis
on 4/17/04 12:36 am - Rincon, GA
I asked you who your insurer was. I have not been approved yet. This is for my son. You need to 1) Call your insurance company and see if they cover wls. If they say they dont - have them fax you the information in writing. Insurance companies do lie. This website is great. Look under insurers and find yours in your state. You can observe the successes others have had. Thats what I did. I have BCBSPPO of Calif. Doctors office said thats bad - I will need a lot of tests. I looked them up on Obesity website and found BCBS of Ca. approved usually in one week with no problems. I told my doctors office but they were not believing me. Guess what - the website was right - I was approved in a week. Now I am battling with United Healthcare for my husband and son. They said there is an exclusion - but they could not fax it to me when I asked for it. Customer service says wls is covered under their policy and claims says no when Doctor files letter. Since they refuse to fax me the exclusion in writing I assume they are lying. Who is your insurance company? Persistence - Persistence and prayer
red_31331
on 4/17/04 1:08 am - crescent, GA
bcbs ppo south carolina
lisasolis
on 4/16/04 12:17 pm - Rincon, GA
Hi - I had the same problem the other day. Tell them to fax you in writing the exclusion (if you have not seen the statement). Who is your insurance Co? If you don't have a fax send it to your job or someone who has one.
red_31331
on 4/16/04 12:35 pm - crescent, GA
did you get approved?
Christy L.
on 4/19/04 3:45 am - Dallas, GA
It is still possible to get approved with an exclusion. If the company chose the exclusion, the company (your husband's) can also help override that exclusion. Also, it may be that they say that, but it is excluded only if it isn't medically necessary. I would say you need to get a compy of the policy. They claimed exclusion on mine and I ended up getting it paid for with some fighting. I had BCBS HMO GA. Christy
KerriGLPN
on 4/20/04 1:33 am - 'Tifton, GA
Felicia, hello! I understand what your going thru. My husbands ins said the same thing when I got started trying to have the surgery done a year ago. But I never gave up and kept battling. Heres a way you can get round it and PLEASE feel free to contact me at anytime!! First of all start out by reading the policy on the exclusion. Most will have a clause about IF its medically necessary they will cover. Find out if yours does! Thats how I beat our company and just had my surgery on 3-15 with Dr. Henderson! Then if that be the case go to your dr and find out if you have blood pressure problems or sleep apnea anything that will be a problem due to the weight. IF that dont work you can always contact the ins commissioner too! I got his help with me and we won the battle! I have heart problems along with others and I m 28! Its a hard battle but I m with you all the way! Something else to consider would be if you can get a policy on just you like the BCBS! They cover the surgery! Just let me know and I ll do what I can to help! There also may be orginazations in your town that would help out the cost of the surgery also! Please contact me and keep me posted! God Bless you! Kerri [email protected]
Most Active