Probelms With United Healthcare

lisasolis
on 4/15/04 12:33 pm - Rincon, GA
This post is to anyone who is working with United Healthcare PPO. They are difficult to deal with. I called their office to get info on gastric bypass for my husband and son. I gave them the surgery diagnosis code number and they said - yes we do cover the surgery. Dr. Champions office filed the medical needs letter and they rejected both letters stating there was an exclusion from the policy and wls was not covered. Dr. Champions office had me call UHC office. The claims dept. spoke with me and reviewed the files and came back to let me know that after reviewing the files there is an exclusion on the policy and wls was not covered. I told her I had a fax machine in my living room and I wanted her to fax me the info she just gave to me. I was then disconnected. When I called customer service back - they again told me the policy IS Covered. When an insurance company tells you there is an exclusion - Tell them To Fax You The Coverage Form. They may be lying to you!
NAT
on 4/16/04 6:00 am - Atlanta, GA
yeah they did that with me also and i had to wait a year to change my insurance. They just suck!!!!
Most Active