So frustrated with BCBS! Help!

Kelle W
on 4/14/04 4:05 am - Atlanta, GA
I don't know what to do! April at Dr. Appel's office faxed my paperwork to BCBS on Friday and as of today they say they still don't have it in their pre-cert group. I called Dr. A's office and April re-faxed everything, and according to BCBS, the soonest they'll know if they've received the packet is tomorrow morning. All I want is someone to tell me if they've got the flippin' paperwork! Anyone have any suggestions for me? I am about to loose my mind....I'm trying to complete this process without loosing my cool and cussing someone out, cause I know that won't help, but right now it would feel oh so good! Kelle
Blackbutterfly
on 4/14/04 4:17 am - duluth, GA
Hi, Kelle I have BCBS ppo also. I had the same problem. I called and the customer service rep gave me a different fax number to give my Dr. office. It worked I was approved in 2days. I hope that this is helpful. Serita
NAT
on 4/14/04 6:29 am - Atlanta, GA
I always tell people the same thing. Get a rep and work with that one rep no one else. Ask for there fax #, and if you have a good docs office they will be happy to fax it agian to the number you provide. Then call that one rep back and ask them to check there fax. Works everytime. Be persistant, it's your money... NAT
Diane G.
on 4/14/04 12:23 pm - Dacula, GA
There may be a yahoo group that deals w/ your insurance company? I have Cigna, and there is a great one that has lots and lot resources. Cigna's is called squeekywheels. You may want to look into that. There are lots of people that are willing to help, you just have to find them. Maybe you could post on the main board. Good Luck. Diane
Kelle W
on 4/16/04 1:53 am - Atlanta, GA
Well after one whole week, and four faxes from Dr. Appel's office, I finally got BCBS to acknowledge that they have my paperwork. Now the real waiting begins. They told me it could take up to 15 days for approval, but I'm hoping I'll be like some of the others on here and get good news after only a couple of days! Thanks for all your support everyone! Kelle
Most Active