Question on mixing protein powder...

Kelle W
on 4/12/04 8:19 am - Atlanta, GA
I ordered some protein drink powder samples off the internet, and they were supposed to come with nutrition info and mixing instructions and there was absolutely nothing in the box with them. Can anyone tell me if these little packets are single servings (there seems to be an awful lot of powder for a single serving per packet) and how to mix them up? Thanks! Kelle
Karel J.
on 4/12/04 11:39 pm - GA
Hi Kelle, Sounds to me like you're doing the same thing I am.....trying samples until I find something I like. Each packet you have should be for 8 oz. of water but I start with 4 oz. and thin it as needed. I do have a question and maybe you have the answer. Can we try these samples with milk? It seems we can but I want to be sure before I do. Honestly, I haven't found anything I like yet. I went to GNC yesterday and was discouraged to see their big jugs ($20+) but no samples. I don't want to buy that much especially if I'm not going to like it. Good luck! Karel
Kelle W
on 4/13/04 6:34 am - Atlanta, GA
I'm sure you could mix it with milk, that would just add more carbs and calories though, so you might want to try and tough it out and find one you like with water. What I did was order samples from off of two different websites: http://vitalady.com and http://store.bariatriceating.com/index.html Check those out! I'm just wondering if you are supposed to mix these in a blender with ice, etc. How to make them taste the best
Siddy I.
on 4/14/04 4:33 am - Savage, MN
You can use a blender or a shaker cup, both work. For me a shaker cup worked best. But here is a little advice from someone who has been there and done that. Most people become lactose intolerant after surgery so milk is iffy at best, besides it adds uneeded calories. Stick with mixing with water for best (weight loss) results. Tip 2. Stick to samples and dont waste your money on buying large batches of protein powder. Your taste WILL change after after surgery. I gave HUNDREDS of dollars worth of protein drink stuff away. Good luck to you!! Sidney
Most Active