ATLANTA/UNION CITY SUPPORT GROUP

jlinwood
on 4/12/04 2:21 am - UNION CITY, GA
I hear a lot about Wings support group. Is there any support groups located in Atlanta or Union City, Georgia? I am going to my first consultation with Dr. Appel this Thursday. But I have a feeling that I am going to need to join a support group for the long haul.
ladybuginhotlanta
on 4/13/04 4:48 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey James! Dr. Burrowes patients conduct a support group meeting in the Atlanta area the first Saturday of every month from 3-5 pm at the Atlanta Medical Center on Boulevard. You do not have to be a patient of Dr. Burrowes to attend.
NAT
on 4/14/04 6:32 am - Atlanta, GA
This is a wonderful support group to have online. Check it out, Its the Black American Forum here on Obesity Help http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/black_american/ Have Fun NAT
Anna Marie D.
on 4/15/04 9:52 am - Suwanee, GA
Hi James, The main WINGS support meeting is this Saturday from 9-12 at the Eastside Physicians Center in Snellville. There are usually about 100 to 150 people at the meeting. There are some smaller groups that also meet but I'm not sure of one closer to you. It really is helpful to attend meetings. I started going to the main one on Saturdays and a weekly one on Wednesdays in Sept and I had my surgery in Dec. I still find them to be a big source of information and support. Marie
Most Active