Need help lap band

dakins
on 4/12/04 12:25 am - Statesboro, GA
Best friend wants to have a lapband done in atlanta. Who is the best? Have you been happy with your weigh loss? Thanks
Susan I.
on 4/12/04 12:54 am - -, GA
From the research I did for Lap Band doctors in the Atlanta area, by far the most experienced was Dr. Ponce in Dalton (yeah, I know, not exactly Atlanta). Also, Dr. Steinberg in Tucker has a very good reputation. Outside of those two, I honestly don't think there is any surgeon in the area with major Lap Band experience (very surprising to me, too). I would also check the Lap Band forum on OH, as well as the Bandsters Yahoo group and the Lap Band forum on www.spotlighthealth.com. Good luck. Susan InGA postop 2/10/2004 (RNY)
Lkaye
on 4/12/04 1:52 am - Snellville, GA
After all my research I chose Dr. Ponce in Dalton .. He is very nice and will answer any question you have...i triedto find one closer but he was the one to help FDA get it approved here...ck out his web site...it is worth the drive.. I am awaiting ins. approval... good luck.... laura
LAR
on 4/12/04 5:06 am
Debbie, I have to agree that Dr Jamie Ponce is the best around that area. I was in his program for a while, until I decided to switch to RNY. I have met him and he is very nice, professional, and will take the time to answer all your questions. He and his partner, Dr Paynter, had done over 400+ lapband surgeries when I visited his place a year ago. Dr Ponce was part of the study with the FDA to help get the lapband approved in the US and is on a board for for obesity surgery (i believe). Only problem I ever occurred was the time his staff took to get back to me when I left messages. If you friend is interested in him, have her look at his website www.hamiltonhealth.com/weight/home.asp I hope that this helps! LA
Most Active