PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION ??

ShonF.
on 4/7/04 1:31 pm - Peachy State, GA
I need advise from any patients of DR. Ducan. Do you recommend having my Psych Eval before my first visit with DR. Duncan's office. I was told 2 different things by 2 different people at DR Duncan's office. One told me to go ahead and try to have everything completed by my 1st appt if possible, and today someone told me not to have this done until I have my 1st visit with them. I have an appt for Psych Eval on Tuesday and my appt with DR Ducan's office on Thursday. At my support group they also told me the same thing, but now I'm just confused. I guess I need to start getting names from now on. I was also told by the person I spoke with today that if I do the insurance probably won't approve me but this is the first I have heard of this. I don't want to cancel and have to wait for another 2 weeks to get another appt if I really don't have too. Please help!!! Thanks in advance Shondra
KHAALIDA
on 4/8/04 2:10 am - LITHONIA, GA
HI I HAD MY PSYCH EVELUATION AFTER MY FIRST VIST WITH DR.DUNCAN. BUT I AM TOLD THAT ALL WORK UPS YOU HAVE ARE GOOD FOR ONE YEAR SO IT DOEN'T MATTER WHEN YOU GO. AS FOR A THE INSURANCE CHECK TO SEE IF YOU NEED A REFERRAL IF NOT GO AHEAD AND GO. IF YOU DO GET ONE FROM YOUR PCP FIRST THEN GO.I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU. KHAALIDA
NAT
on 4/8/04 12:19 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hello get the eval. What would it hurt. It's always smart to have it done and ready to go when you get there. Means your ontop of things and ready to get started. Also less stuff you have to do later. The faster your process will be. What do you think he is going to do after the visit different than before the visit. People say no don't do it just in case duncan says your NOT a candidate for the surgery. But if your sure you are than go ahead and get it going sister. NO need to wait. NAT
ShonF.
on 4/8/04 1:06 pm - Peachy State, GA
Thanks everyone that's what I was thinking , but it's always nice to get a second opinion from someone who has already been through this. My insurance requires this before I can be approved. So I'm going to keep my appointment. Thanks so much for the information Shondra
Most Active