Does Champion do distals?

Kay Holder
on 4/7/04 8:36 am - Mableton, GA
I forgot to ask him. I'm not going through this to be proximal. thanks!
lisasolis
on 4/7/04 10:13 am - Rincon, GA
What is the difference between Distal and Proximals? I am using Champion and need all the info I can get. Thanks - Spirit64
Sunny D.
on 4/7/04 1:37 pm - South, GA
I've seen different things listed on the size that distinguishes distal from the proximal. I think that Champion bases your bypass on the amount you are overweight. Some people have said that it doesn't really matter. I think he bypassed around 100 on me which I believe is classified as proximal. He will answer any questions you may have and probably have resources backing up his decisions. I have a complete operative report that I can check later if you'd like. It's in the BR and DH is asleep.
lisasolis
on 4/10/04 12:35 am - Rincon, GA
Hi - its' Spirit 64 in Richmond Hill, Ga. I am waiting on insurance approval with Champions office. I first decided to use Champion but have switched to Williams due to the fact that I do not want to wait for so long. Beleive it or not both my husband, son and I are all applying for surgery. After I read your post I called Champions' office and spoke to the nurse. She said that both Williams and Champion only do distals. I know they bypass more with distal and not so much with proximal.
lisasolis
on 4/12/04 12:11 am - Rincon, GA
To Kay Clark - I spoke again with Dr. Champions office this morning with Sherry who does pre-determinations. She stated that Drs. Champion and Williams only do Proxiomal or 100cms whatever that means. She said that they always bypass 100cms no more or less. I am confused - have you found out anything? I do not want to have wls and not lose too much or work like crazy not to get below 200. Spirit 64
Most Active