EMORY ~ SMITH

NAT
on 4/4/04 2:46 pm - Atlanta, GA
Okay you guys posting this agian. I never get really good responses but I will try agian. I have a date for May 10th with C. Daniel Smith, I asked him how many surgerys he did and he could not answer that. He said hundreds, I asked to be more spacific but he said he does more than this surgery so it was heard for him to keep up. Now I used to work for a cardiologist and I know how a surgeon keeps notes. I was surprised by this response but took it with face. I know he is good. He explained that he feels it's best when there is a surgeon that does this surgery and other surgeries and does not limit himself. Says it keeps you in the knowhow, less of a surprise if you see something and know what it is or what to expect. Okay I get that but I have not heard very many good testimonies to him. I don't hear any good or bad actually and would like ya'll intake plz NAT
LaShawn
on 4/5/04 4:30 am - RIVERDALE, GA
Hello, Nat. My name is Tera. Dr. Smith performed my surgery on 1/21/2004. I have had no complication. I have lost 48 lbs. He is very professional and very experienced. I know he has performed over 200 surgeries. He was the only doctor I would let perform my surgery other than Dr. Duncan because of his experience with this surgery. I got excellent care in the hospital and he visited me twice while there. I had some issues with him being the one who did my surgery and him actively participating in my aftercare. I rate him a 9 because no one is a 10 but the man above.
LaShawn
on 4/5/04 5:00 am - RIVERDALE, GA
Nat, I can only speak about my experience. The nurses were cool. Also, I believe you have to be proactive yourself. I did not wait for the nurses to walk me. I got up on my own after surgery. I had surgery at 7:30 am was in my room by 10:30 and walking at 4:00 pm that day. I could have stayed for three days but only stayed for two. The staff is very familiar with your situation after surgery and they are encouraging. I prayed about it and let him (God) take care of it all, and I came through without any problems. Good Luck on your surgery.
nina D.
on 4/5/04 6:03 am - decatur, GA
Natalie, I had surgery with Dr. C. Daniel Smith on 2-9-04. I think he is a wonderful doctor and I also think you are in good hands. The only thing is his office is not the most helpful place. I work for Bellsouth and had to have paper work sent in to verify my surgery so I could get paid. I actually had to go to his office and get forms to fax to Bellsouth (Kemper). This was a week after my surgery. I just couldnt get any cooperation from his staff. I also have not seen him since my surgery and that was briefly the day after surgery. I mostly saw assistants (who were also in surgery with him) they were very nice though. All in all I think everything went well I will be going 4-8 for my 2 months check up and have lost 40lb. Please let me know if I can help you or if you have any other questions I might answer. You can email me @ [email protected] Nina
Jessica P.
on 4/7/04 12:25 pm - Alpharetta, Ga
He preformed surgery on me in Dec, 2003. I had absolutely no problems with him whatsoever. No complications, nothing unusual at all. And I have lost 72 lbs in 4 months. The nurse who was tending to me before going under the anesthesia had him do her surgery years ago and thought so much of him that she decided to come and work with him. If that is not a great testimonial, I don't know what would be! Good luck and God Bless! Jessica P. LAP RNY 12/08/03 (292/220/160ish) http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=P1053925253&NoStatic=1
Most Active