Hello, I'm new....

Becky M.
on 4/2/04 11:45 am - Jackson, GA
Hello, I am hoping to have surgery. I have my first consult on the 29th with Dr.Burrowes (any one who wants to tell their experiences with him would be greatly appreciated). I cant wait, I go to my first support group tomorrow, he requires two. My only fear in this is not getting approved, my insurance is Cigna HMO (there again any experience would be appreciated). Anyway I have been a short -time lurker and decided I wanted to get to know everyone. Short thing about me , I am married 27 years old. Mother of two absolutely beautiful boys 4 and 2 this month. My 4 year old will start pre-k this year (sniff-sniff).Anyway I want experierence my boys' lives with them...... Good luck to everyone wherever you are in your journey and I hope to get to know you all........ Becky
Sunny D.
on 4/2/04 12:05 pm - South, GA
Welcome- I just started chatting on here myself. ( Lap RNY with DR Champion 7 months ago ) I have heard of Burrowes but I did not reseach him myself. My cousin was approved with Cigna pretty easily but I'm not sure which type she had. Not a lot of help - sorry. I do have a boy in kindergarten and we made it through pre-k just fine. Let me know if you have any gastric bypass questions. I think I had it pretty easy. I had very little pain. I have not had any problems (knock on wood) and I do not dump at all (which, for me, is a bad thing). This is a great site.
lisasolis
on 4/2/04 10:40 pm - Rincon, GA
Hi - I'm new also and am waiting on insurance approval with Dr. Champion. I noticed you had your surgery with him also several months ago. I live in the Savannah area and will be traveling the day before surgery etc. I am interested in preventing hair loss as much as possible. I have read about vista vitamins and they are kind of expensive. Since you are seven months out any info you can give me would be great. I will not see Champion until the day before so I have little information. What do you eat during the first 6 weeks? Are you losing your hair - and if not what are you doing not to? How much weight have you lost? Thanks and blessings from coastal Georgia Spirit 64
Sunny D.
on 4/4/04 12:20 am - South, GA
Lisa-I sent you an E-mail answering your questions.
Carrie R.
on 4/2/04 12:38 pm - Gainesville, GA
Hi Becky, I'm fairly new too, I meet with my surgeon next Friday and set up an app. for my psch eval. I have a crazy insurance co. (administrative solutions) so sorry I can't help with Cigna answers but if ya ever just wanna chat I'll be here. I'm 34, married (to a very supportive hubby) and a career Mom of 3 great kids (7, 5 and 2). So I'm kept quite busy but have found that this is a journey for me and something that i must do if I want to be with my children and watch them grow up (and without embarrassment!) Coming here is my time and I look foward to getting to know more people, receive good advice and make new friends who know what this life is like. Welcome and Hope your journey is a Great one!!!!!!! Carrie
Becky M.
on 4/2/04 8:55 pm - Jackson, GA
thank you both for welcoming me. I too am here if anyone wants to chat. I am just beginning so I dont have any advice, But i will take all the advice I can get.... I cant wait for my support group today, the lady in the office said I would get a lot of info from there. I have to attend at least 2 and theyre the first saturday of every month. I noticed on there website today is going to be about pregnancy after surgery which shouldnt apply to me being I had my tubes tied. Which brings me to one of my first ?'s I will probably post it also. I read or heard somewhere that dramatic weight loss can decrease the affectiveness of a tubal ligation. Have you heard that? Take care and Best wishes... Becky
Sunny D.
on 4/3/04 6:34 am - South, GA
I don't think it should matter. Tubes tied or burned or whichever procedure was done, should not be affected by a hormonal change because there is no path for the egg. I am just figuring this to be correct- I have no medical background.
Most Active