Question??????????

Joe C.
on 4/1/04 9:34 pm - Manor, GA
This is for fellow patients of Dr. Duncan. I have read that Joyce will call on a Friday with your surgery date. Do any of ya'll remember what time of the day she called? I am going to be on the road starting at 2:00. I just want to make sure I'm around when she calls so I don't have to wait until next Friday! I am also worried (This is crazy I know) that she may not have received the letter of approval. I have also read that BCBS sends you a letter letting you know your surgery has been approved. I was approved last Monday and I still have not received anything in the mail. I know I am going schitzo here, but I don't want to wait another week. Maybe there is a soothsayer out there who can calm my rattled nerves! Joe
Michelle J.
on 4/1/04 10:05 pm - Savannah, GA
Hey Joe, When I was approved I got Bc/BS to fax me a letter and then I faxed it to Dr. Duncans office. Bc/bs takes forever to send out letters as a matter of fact I had surgery monday, and I never recev a letter from them. But that might be also because they faxed it to me. Joyce didnt call me some other girl did, sorry cant remember her name. But they called me about 9:30 in he morning. If I was you I would their office and ask and see if they got the letter yet? And if they say no call Bc/Bs shield back and see if they will fax you a letter then fax it to Dr.Duncans office. That probaly means you want have a date till next friday. But don't wait and see if they send it, call and ask. Bc/bs rep told me I was approved but they had to wait on their person to sign off on it, then they will send it. I was lke no can you send me something saying I'm approved and they did. I had to call them about 5 times that day but I got it. Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/04 10:54 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Joe, I would just call Dr. D's office and speak with Joyce or Jennifer B. and ask if they received the letter. I would just explain that you are going out of town this afternoon and you are anxious to receive your date before you leave. They have always been patient and kind when I called and I think you have been patient enough too. So pick up the phone and call....404.881.8020 Tonya
Sunny D.
on 4/1/04 11:00 pm - South, GA
I would try to get something in writing too. BCBS is kinda "wishy washy." I called them all the time too. Just be real nice-sound excited (which you are) and just tell them you are going out of town and you wanted things in order before you left. You are paying for their services. You have every right to call as much as you want.
Most Active