DENIED!!!!!!

kiwani
on 3/29/04 5:43 am - columbus, ga
i am sitting here crying,,, i wasnt going to be one that was denied.... I was and i am so .... appeal when i can find out more.... kiwani
Lisa B.
on 3/29/04 5:51 am - Atlanta, GA
Kiwi I am sorry to here that you got denied. Girlfriend appeal!!!!!! Do you why bcbs denied?
kiwani
on 3/29/04 6:41 am - columbus, ga
from what my pcp office manager can find out it has something to do iwht my phyc eval... he said i was normal and a good canadate so i dont know, when i know something else i will let you know... thanks Lisa kiwani
1slimdiva
on 3/29/04 7:24 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi Kiwani I'm sorry you got denied, we haven't talked for a minute, I know you must be , go ahead and start on your appeal letter, if I can be of any help call me. Melinda
kiwani
on 3/29/04 8:20 am - columbus, ga
Hi melinda, missed you the last meeting,,, thanks and i would call you but i lost the number, just talked to lea and you really dont want to talk to me right now, cause all i do is cry lol... send me your number email or i will send you mine... love ya kiwani
Dionne S.
on 3/29/04 11:51 am - Jonesboro, Ga
Kiwi I am so sorry to hear that your were denied. But the same thing happened to me. As a matter of fact I was denied about 4 times (BCBS HMO) One reason I was denied was because my psych eval did state that I was a good candidate for the surgery, but he also recommended that I get ongoing counseling because my anxiety levels were high. Even though I was having family issues that had nothing to do with the surgery. So what I did was find a therapist in my network that was familiar with WLS and wouldnt mind writing a letter to the insurance company on my behalf, and I also contacted the original psychologist and had him send an ammended letter stating that I was "cleared" and "stable" to handle the surgery.(Those were the key words they were looking for-per the prior approval nurse) Also, it would be good if you contacted your insurance company and get a direct line for someone in the prior approval dept, they can tell you more than customer service can. That way if they need something you can fax it directly to that person and they can update your file immediately, as well as get the paperwork in the right person's hands. Dont feel bad, this is what they do. They usually deny it first and I think it's a test to see if those that pursue it are really serious and it weeds out the undecided and unsure If you have any questions send me an email and I will help you the best that I can. But dont give up, it's gonna happen for you.
Lady G.
on 3/30/04 5:09 am - FARMVILLE, NC
Oh girl I am sorry to hear that you were denied. Get right down to it and start on that appeal Don't take no for an answer! Brenda
Most Active