Talked to nurse at Champions

Lkaye
on 3/29/04 12:22 am - Snellville, GA
I just talked to the nurse at Dr. Champions office to see if they received my paperwork.. they had...and she was looking at as we spoke... she did say Dr. Champion does not do the Band but Williams does.... she also asked why do I want the band over the bypass... we talked for 30 min. she said she should have an answer for me within 2 weeks... that i do not have to go through any kind of evluations before hand to determine if necessary... Still scared to know if I am doing the right thing.... Just wanted to vent a little sorry....
Sunny D.
on 3/29/04 3:23 am - South, GA
I think they push the RNY due to the long term success. I know the band would have been too slow for me. I notice your BMI is not real high though. I was also concerned about the band refills. I think it can be expensive. I am not sure how close you are to Atlanta or if anyone in your area could do the refills. Beter to have all your Questions answered before the surgery than to question the decision afterwards. If you are young- I might say Lap Band. I have already had my children so I was not worried about nutrition during pregnancy. I was very scared too. I knew from day 1 I had made the best choice for myself. If i could have lost the weight on my own (and kept it off) I would have. The surgery was my only option to have any quality to my life. PS- Do you know the little American Idol girl? She is doing great.
Angel Sellers
on 3/29/04 10:02 am - Smyrna, Ga
Hi Laura: I just wanted to extend some words of encouragement & tell you to keep the faith. You are on the right road to discovery, just make sure you are positive about your decision & never feel as though you are asking too many questions. I personally used Dr. Champion as my surgeon for RNY on 2/3/04 & I am very pleased with him & my results so far. His office staff is wonderful & he has one of the most comprehensive after care programs around. I highly recommend him if you decide to go with RNY. I wish you the best of luck with your quest & feel free to write me if you have any questions that I might could help you with. God bless Angel - down 44 lb since surgery total of 94 lb since preparing for surger
Julie I.
on 3/30/04 11:53 pm - Vidalia, GA
Laura - I'm not sure how much reading/thinking you've been doing about the type of surgery you want. (I know I thought about it constantly, so I'm sure you do, too!) I think the reason most surgeons push the RNY is because of the better success it seems to afford. Another thing, just remember that the lap band surgery is TEMPORARY, period! You will either have to have that band removed or replaced at some point in the future. (That is what I read somewhere, so if it's incorrect, I apologize.) This is one of the main reasons I didn't want to to lap band. The choice is always yours in the end. Don't let anyone bully you or push you in the wrong direction; just be sure you're making your most educated choice!
Most Active