Tricare-Prime Help!

Patima
on 3/28/04 11:05 pm - GA
I just contacted Tricare (Region 3/4) to find out what documentation and testing is required by them in order to approve the surgery. She said whatever the doctor (in-network) requires is fine with them. What??!! I just need to know up front what they require to approve so I don't have to fuss with appeals and stuff. Anyone going through this right now with any insight would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to pay for a lot of unnecessary tests as I am currently unemployed.
Patima
on 3/29/04 1:11 am - GA
Thanks. I've read the posts and it seems there has been a lot of success with Tricare. My doctor has indicated that 2 types of physician supervised diets have to be documented. I have only 1, and that was during the Phen-Fen fiasco. After that, I was afraid to try that again. I just needed to know if that was just a surgeon requirement or if Tricare also required Physican Supervised diet documentation and if so/was there a time limit, such as in the past year, or two years, etc. If Tricare doesn't require that documentation then I may be able to work with the surgeon....or will have to get into some kind of program real quick.
Patima
on 3/29/04 1:45 am - GA
Thanks. I don't know if it just the region we are in or what, but sometimes it is like pulling teeth to get Tricare moving. I have an appointment with my PCP Thursday to get referrals for the tests needed. I just want to prevent any delays, if possible.
Tiffany G.
on 4/15/04 7:57 am - valdosta, GA
I had my surgery dun through tricare and there not hard but getting the referral from your pcm is what is hard . if you want to know what tricare requires go to tricare handbook online and they have what they require in there I hope this helps you I know it is frustrating . I am trying how to get a tummy tuck and it is an even bigger pain in the butt.
Most Active