re: CHANGING SURGEONS-- PLEASE HELP

MICHELLE L.
on 3/28/04 2:18 am - RINCON, GA
OK, HERE IS THE QUESTION. I HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY BCBS OF GA (HMO) FOR SURGERY. THEY HAVE ONLY APPROVED THE SURGEON AND NOT THE HOSPITAL. THE HOSPITAL IS NOT A BLUE CROSS HOSPITAL AND THEY HAVE NO OTHER HOSPITAL WHERE THE PHYSICIAN CAN DO BARIATRIC SURGERY IN THAT AREA. BC WANTS ME TO FIND ANOTHER SURGEON WHO CAN DO SURGERY AT ONE OF THEIR NETWORK HOSPITALS. THAT WOULD MEAN HAVING TO RE-FAX MY PACKET AGAIN AND GET ANOTHER APPROVAL. HAS ANY ONE EVER BEEN THROUGH THIS SITUATION?
dchildress
on 3/29/04 11:38 am - Covington, GA
My husband and I are on BCBS HMO GA and we just had our surgeries on 3/8 and 3/22 with Dr. Burrowes at Atlanta Medical Center. 678-904-1606 tell them Mr. and Mrs Childress sent ya. See if that can help you in any way.
Dionne S.
on 3/29/04 11:53 am - Jonesboro, Ga
I have BCBS of Ga HMO and I had my surgery on 3/8/04 at Emory Hospital, and my surgeon was Dr. Lin. Both he and the hospital are excellent and everything was taken care of.
Siddy I.
on 3/29/04 11:57 pm - Savage, MN
I dont have BCBS but CIGNA but I was approved for one surgeon but wanted to use another. The approval will transfer without much trouble. I got mine changed over in 1 day. Locate a new surgeon and tell them up front you have approval and schedule an appt. You SHOULD NOT have to start all over. The approval was for Gastric Bypass, period, not for Dr.SOinSO at such in such hospital. Good luck and best wishes to you. Sidney p.s DONT GIVE UP!!!!!
littlebit
on 3/31/04 9:20 pm - Locust Grove, GA
I have BCBS of GA and I my doc is Dr. Christopher Hart in Suwanee, GA. I can either go to Northside or Emory Dunwoody. I am pretty sure both are covered. What hospital were you using?
Most Active