Dr. Duncan's office called

Cricket J.
on 3/26/04 2:24 pm - Atlanta, GA
How weird that this would happen. right after my last post. Jennifer B. from Dr. Duncan's office called me Friday and told me she wanted me to attend a group meeting on April 20, 2004 and then the following day she would make me and appt. to see the doctor. I'm actually happy about that. Now maybe, because I still have a about 9 months to get this done, they didn't bring up the fact that BCBS is dropping coverage starting in 2005. The hard part is Monday I have to call the new PCP I want and see if they will work with me, call my ins., switch to him so that I can get a referral, then call my PCP that I have now and make sure she faxes/sends all my records before she goes to England. Also the new Dr. I want is Dr. Godfrey out by Wellstar/Kennasaw Hospital. If anybody has any info. about him and his bed side manner can you please let me know? I can't remember who suggested him on this site but I just want a few more comments about him and is he a Dr. who belives in this surgery. They worst thing to have is a Dr. who doesn't, been there, done that! I found the prefect one and now she is leaving. Darn it!!!
NAT
on 3/27/04 1:13 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Monique, Okay it's time to go in the office and do it all in person. Show up in person, demand managers and supervisor and bosses and whatever else. It's time to crunch on this. I't almost April and you can get this done. Ms. Jackson got it done in a resonable time with Duncan. But let them know that your insurance is stopping it. They will crunch it and don't just let them know they are cancelling it get a statement from your insurance company saying that this will be excluded in your next years policy. That way they won't think that your just saying it to get in sooner. That letter should be laminated and kept with you at all time LOL.. It will get you places. Plus once duncan knows this info he might think about how many patients he is going to loose come next year. I know I am with BCBS of GA throught Bellsouth. We are loosing this surgery also next year. Man these surgeons don't realize that this surgery is about to disapate real quik. I hope they know other procedures cuz this is not going to last if this is all they practice. Okay keep in touch and I hope this works out for you NAT http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/black_american/
MsJ
on 3/27/04 9:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Monique...I started my process in January...I went ahead and collected or set up most of my letters that the ins company requires before I even had the seminar with Duncan. I was approved on Feb 23rd.. a month after my process started. It really just takes diligence.. Look over my profile and see what I did. Prepare. You have 9 months.. don't worry about things you can't change. Just work around it. Check to see what nurti, and shrink is in your plan and set up appts with them so that you will be ahead of the game. While your PCP is here.. get them to do your thyroid test.. and you medical letter of clearance (twice, one for BCBS and one for Duncan) and one letter of medical neccesity. Email me if you need help.
martha M.
on 3/28/04 10:52 am - cedartown, ga
I would like to recomend Dr. Freeman in Anniston Alabama. He did my surgery on Feb. 5 and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He is a Christian man and will pray with you any time.He also had the surgery and understands what all we go thru.If you have to travel far to go to him it will be worth it. He also has a wonderful staff to work with you.
Most Active