BCBS Stopping Coverage

Cricket J.
on 3/25/04 10:58 pm - Atlanta, GA
Well if this is so,what does a person like me do? I just sent my paperwork to Dr. Duncan's office so should I change my Insurance in April when they allow us to at work? I'm just all confused. I'm hoping I can have surgery before 2005. I don't want to switch INS. and then go through all this stuff again, like looking for a PCP, approvel letters, test etc..... What is a girl to do. My PCP is already leaving me and I gotta get all this stuff in before she leaves My head hurts.
Debbie C.
on 3/25/04 11:15 pm - Carrollton, GA
Monique I know what you mean I'm having a hard time deciding what to do also. Dr. Duncan's office told me to call my insurance clerk at my employer and ask them to find out for me what changes to the policy will be made for next year. I'd do that if I were you. Good Luck keep us posted if you find anything out. Debbie
Becky S.
on 3/26/04 9:02 am - Clinton, SC
Hi Debbie, I called and spoke with BCBS office today about whether or not they were going to quit paying for gastric bypass surgery. I had to find out because my health is bad and I need this surgery or I will die so explained to them about what everyone has been saying and about my situation. I spoke to a supervisor who went to a top official and I was told by the top official that BCBS was not dropping gastric bypass but that the only way a person could get the surgery was if they met all the medical guidelines. Also, he said that the only other way you could not get the surgery is if your employer did not buy the coverage for the surgery. He did say that BCBS of Florida did stop paying because there doctors were not trained properly and they were having patients dieing left and right due to the incompentancy of the surgeons. So that is what they told me from the Atlanta office and I am going to believe what they say and trust in God that what they are saying is true. Hope this helps and calms any fears you may have. God Bless You. Becky Stanford
littlebit
on 3/29/04 11:47 pm - Locust Grove, GA
Becky, That is good to hear. I work for Henry Co. BOC. This puts my mind at ease. My doc's office told me yesterday my file was on the Nurse's desk at BCBS. Does anyone think this is the LAST step for the insurance CO before I know if I am approved or not? What is the next step?
Cricket J.
on 3/26/04 2:02 pm - Atlanta, GA
Thanks
NAT
on 3/27/04 1:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Sorry I have faith in god and all. I was at a 5 hour prayer meeting last night at church till midnight. I love the lord. He knows I do, but that does not mean trust insurance companies. They lyied to me last yr and I had to wait a yr to change to BCBS of GA from UH. Thanks GOD I did. I would advise that you not place your trust in what they say. This needs to be in writing. The supervisor may get a bonus it they don't go over 100,000,000 at the end of the year. LOL hey at 30,000 a pop for this surgery she is looking for her bonus. Sorry but I don't have faith in insurance companies only GOD.... Now do what I said in that other post and take care of it yourself. Don't leave it to anyone else that is what God is there for, to guide YOU in YOUR life. So go and handle it sista for real. Look don't second guess. You know your surgery is not covered in 2005. FINE then claim it in 2004 and it's yours. I WILL HAVE SURGERY IN 2004 I SAID IT AND IT WILL BE Now go get that pcp change monday. That way if it's done before the 29th I think call and make sure it will take place for the April and you have that done. Then get that letter about the cancellation of next yr and call duncan back. HOW SOON CAN I COME IN BECUZ THIS AND THAT!! Girl get it. Don't wait for it to come. See you got me being all emotional in the house, whats up with that LOL LOL... I want you to have it more than I wanted mine I think LOL. I just got my surgery date for May 10th with C Daniel Smith at Emory. Now talk about dealing with something huh that is nerve recking. But the staff was great in the end and I thank them for what they have done for me. Okay go get it. NAT http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/black_american/
Cricket J.
on 3/30/04 3:57 am - Atlanta, GA
I going to go get it. I switched Dr's I had my records released from the old one and I got and appointment with the new Doc the day of Dr. Duncan's seminar. I plan on getting my referall for the psych. evalution and the nutritionist. So trust me I'm on a roll...
Most Active