Did United Healthcare HMO cover your WLS?

Debbie C.
on 3/25/04 3:55 am - Carrollton, GA
I am facing a major decision for changing insurance coverage - I have heard that BCBS/HMO of GA is stopping coverage in 2005 and was wondering is United Healthcare/HMO better? Please if you can...... I'd be most grateful, Debbie
Debbie C.
on 3/25/04 10:16 am - Carrollton, GA
Does no one have any advice on UHC/HMO??????????????? Debbie
NAT
on 3/27/04 1:29 am - Atlanta, GA
Hello Debbie, I have UH with Bellsouth and was told they covered it. Then I signed with them agian with open enrollement. Low and Behold guess what. They tell me that they do cover it just not with my jobs policy. Talk about pissed. I was told that if I had proof they said they covered it they would have to abide. I didn't have proof. I didn't record the call or have it dictated or have a witness on the other line. I didn't know I had to. So I have to wait a year to have BC/BS with the new enrollment period with my job. And even then I called and had human serviced with my job on the phone with a conference call with BC/BS. I had him note what she said on our work record. As I recorded the call.(handheld recorder it worked) Then after he noted it at work. And I noted it at work, and I recorded it, then had a friend dictate it for me, and had that dictation noterized. I was ready for them to tell me they didn't cover it.!!!! But all in all they did and I didn't have to go with the powers that be. I am greatful. And I hope you don't fall rapture to this evil...... Good Luck let me know what happens NAT
Most Active