Dr. Appel Orientation

Patima
on 3/22/04 2:59 am - GA
I am scheduled to attend Dr. Appel's Orientation in Decatur on Thursday, March 25. Am so excited! Can anyone tell me what to expect? Is anyone else out there scheduled to attend this orientation?
Brenda D.
on 3/22/04 9:42 am - Winder, GA
Hi, Pat I will also be at the meeting. I have not made my mind up about the surgery as of today. I want to know more about this. I also have read so much on this surgery,maybe to much I dont know but I am looking forward to the meeting. May God Bless You on you surgery. Brenda
Patima
on 3/22/04 9:50 am - GA
I, too, have done a lot of research. But I have made up my mind to pursue the surgery. The orientation is mandatory and that is how you get your application paperwork. I have already been approved by my insurance company for a surgical evaluation, so that is the first step for me. I'm not nervous about attending the orientation, just the drive. Hubby can't get off work so I will have to do the I-85/285 bit myself to drive in from the Buford area. Hope the information received in the orientation will help you in your decision. Pat
B B.
on 3/23/04 10:47 am - Grayson, GA
I attended Dr. Appel's orientation in August of 2003. There were many, many (approx 150) people in that group. Dr. Steinburg and Dr. Appel showed slides and discussed all of the different procedures for SWM, the pros and cons of each procedure, answered all questions, and gave out information packet. The info packet contained a list of " all the hoops" you must go through, insurance info, and phone list for their office. I have had my appointment with Dr. Appel, he knows his "stuff", has been doing this for quiet some time, and will test you ( yes, a written test) to make sure you really understand that this is a life-altering operation. His office staff is Great! ( Hard to get sometimes, but they do return your call) I don't have my surgury date as of today, but it should be soon.
ddsflynn
on 3/27/04 1:48 pm - Columbus, GA
I am going to their April 8th consultation. We are military (US ARMY) and I live almost 2 hours away from Decatur. Anyone know how many trips you have to make before surgery? Dr. Appel is the closest in network provider for us, so he is my only chance at getting this surgery done. I have done a lot of research in the last month and have decided that I am ready to do this. If anyone else has had surgery with him and gone through TriCare Prime please email me! Debbie [email protected]
Most Active