Please Help

jlinwood
on 3/22/04 12:23 am - UNION CITY, GA
I will be attending a seminar sponsored by Dr. Duncan April 20, 2004. I don't know where the seminar will be located at this time. I have not yet received my invitation via email. I am at the beginning of this journey. I need help. What questions should I ask? I am currently with Blue Cross Blue Shield. What if my primary care physician does not approve this surgery? If these questions seem stupid , please forgive me. But I need help. I am excited that I have finally taken a step in at least calling a surgeon.
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/04 2:02 am - Warner Robins, GA
James- You can go to Dr Duncan's site...search Surgeon and click on the "Peach Tree Bariatric" link. You can review the FAQs and other info there. That may answer some of your questions or you may want Dr Duncan to expound on some of the information listed. Also, the phone number is on the site. You can contact Joyce to make sure she has you on the list and get location info. They have always been really good to me when I called. Take care, Tonya
jlinwood
on 3/22/04 3:37 am - UNION CITY, GA
Tonya, Thanks so much for your advice. I am in the proccess of looking at the site. I see now why this message board is such a great help. Everyone really wants to help each other. Through the help of the message board I was able to find a primary care physician who may be willing to agree to the surgery. I just hope that when this journey is completed that I can return the favor to others. Thank you again. ~James
NAT
on 3/22/04 9:59 am - Atlanta, GA
Check out my profile I listed my whole journey. I would call your PCP now and ask if they approve this. If this PCP does not remember you (meaning large facility like mine is at) I would make an appt asap and get a letter of medical necessity and a letter of clearance now. When you go for your 1st consultation with whomever you choose boy would it be a lot faster and a smoother ride if you had alot of the paperwork done. There is a list of what is needed for insurance co for the most part. Some require a 6 month diets history supervised. I would call your insurer and ask them. And be specific they are good for not giving information for YOUR policy.... I wish you luck and email me anytime with question. Hey even have the pcp schedule for blood work with thyroid in it. This is essential. And start looking for your phyc doc. OH man I wish you luck for take things in your own hands and don't wait on the docs office it's a slow process that way.... NAT
cheche00
on 3/22/04 10:21 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
The Seminar will be at the wellness center next to Atlanta Medical 261 Parkway Dr. The first thing I did was call my insurance company, tell them that you want a gastric bypass, ask if your policy covers it 100% ask how much out of pocket will you have to pay, ask them for a couple of names of a nutritionist that they cover, and a psychologist that they cover. If they don't cover these evaluations it cost around $300.00 for the psyc evaluation I don't know how much the nutritionist cost they usually cover that. Get the person name you talk with. Then I would see my PCP get a letter of medical clearence from them make sure it states that you are cleared for surgery Dr. Duncan's office made me get another one that said those words. If you are over 40 you will need a cardiac evaluation too. The sooner you do this the sooner you can get your surgery date. Try to have all this done by the time you go to the seminar also you have to write down everything you tried to loose weight kind of like a history Dr, Duncan wants that too. Get on the ball don't wait start today.
Most Active