Calling all African American Pre and Post Ops....

Valerie Renee
on 3/13/04 6:21 am - New York, NY
I am Valerie and I am writing a book about WLS as it relates to the Black perspective. I am seeking persons interested in having their before and after pictures (or just before or just after) featured in my book. The book will be a wonderful tool for educating others about this surgery. Some of the topics discussed include: Barriers to Surgery, Co morbidities Prevalent in the Black Community and also has a cookbook section which converts recipes for some soul food favorites into something post-ops and those seeking to eat healthier can eat. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my project. VAL
Katrina B.
on 3/13/04 7:23 am - Augusta, GA
I think you will write a wonderful book Val I would be willing to purchase the book especially for the good recipes you have! And of course you could include my before and after pics but my surgery date isn't until 5/12/04 Katrina
Valerie Renee
on 3/13/04 9:16 am - New York, NY
Great... you will get a free autographed copy for your participation.... Be sure to check the posts I did today on the BAF... great recipes... VAL
Takiyah R.
on 3/15/04 1:06 am - Conyers, GA
DEAR VAL, MY NAME IS TAKIYAH RICHARDSON, I HAD MY SURGERY ON 7-24-02. I WEIGHED 386 PNDS AND NOW I WEIGH 212. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN TALKING WITH YOU AND TELLING YOU MY STORY. HONESTLY THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES ARE AMAZING. PLS CONTACT ME SO WE CAN DISCUSS THIS MATTER IN DETAIL.. MY CELL # IS 404-396-5452 E-MAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected] PS AFRICAN AMREICAN AND MY DOCTOR IS TOO!!!!!!
curvy_v
on 3/29/04 2:10 am - somewhere IN, GA
I'm interested. However I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm still trying to get approved.
Most Active