Frustrated with results!

T B.
on 3/5/04 3:34 am - Cartersville, GA
I am trying to be patient. I am 3.5 weeks post op and am down 16 lbs. It doesn't sound so bad but so many others have lost more and I am feeling frustrated that I am dragging by. Last week I was stuck at 13 for 4 days and now have been stuck at 16 for 3 days. I thought the first month would be the big one. I will be lucky to lose any more at all by next Tuesday, my one month. Is anyone else been in this position and did it finally start to come off???? Just looking for some encouragement. Thanks.
mmeck
on 3/5/04 3:48 am - Hartwell, Ga
I had surgery on Jan. 26th. I gained 10lbs in the hospital and then lost 30 lbs in 2 weeks. I hit a 3 week plateau and then finally began losing again. I have lost 5lbs since last Friday. I was worried too. I thought I was going to be the only one that this didn't work for. I probably will feel like that again. But remember, you are not alone. You have to lose..... Your body has no choice. Marsha
Angela W.
on 3/5/04 4:48 am - Covington, GA
I am in the same boat! I'm 5 weeks post-op and I've only lost 21 lbs and I've had to really exercise to get 8 of those lbs off. I was getting really depressed today, so much that I decided not to even look at the scale. During my first two weeks I only lost 13 lbs and then I was stuc****il I started exercising. I'm at a loss. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Let me know if you find something that works. Angela Covington
Bill .
on 3/12/04 11:20 pm - AL
T, you did not mention how much you are eating. You must eat and drink plenty of fluids. If you attempt to starve yourself your body will react. Your body will sense it is being starved and will attempt to hang on to what ever it can to prevent itself from starving. I've read numerous post of WLS patients who complain about not losing fast enough and in most cases they say they're not eating much. It's not unlike making money, you need a little to make a lot.......so you must eat to lose. Good luck, Bill
Most Active