Loosing heart...need advice!

Kelle W
on 3/4/04 5:22 am - Atlanta, GA
I feel like such a crybaby but I have to get this off my chest. I had been told about a month and half ago by an operator at BCBS that they no longer had written guidelines for a supervised weight lose plan in order to approve gastric bypass. In other words, no 3 months, no 6 months wait. I called today on a completely different subject and decided to double check. Whamo! They do have a 6 month requirement. So....all my dreams are smashed for the time being. I know 6 months doesn't sound like a lot, but when you weigh 450 pounds and summer is coming on it's 6 months too much. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions are welcome. Kelle
Kelle W
on 3/4/04 6:01 am - Atlanta, GA
Now I really feel like an idiot....I called back to speak to a supervisor and was told that they made a mistake earlier and they really DON'T have written guidelines anymore, that the supervisor earlier was incorrect. ARRGGHHHH!!!!!! So please ignore my whining.... thanks! Kelle
NAT
on 3/7/04 6:56 am - Atlanta, GA
Kelle plz get what you heard in writing. Get names # and extentions. Document time and day of calls. I had my calls dictated at first when my open enrollement came through. I wasn't gonna let them get me like they did last year. Time to play cat and mouse. And I am the cat!!!! So good luck to you and don't let them get away with it anylonger. NAT
Diane G.
on 3/4/04 9:32 pm - Dacula, GA
Lucky You, I have Cigna HMO and they require 2 / 26 weeks (6 months) diets. Yes, I said two 2. It has been 8 months of diets attempts so that I can get this surgery. I know exactally how you feel. I don't think anyone has accomplished this yet, I may be the first. Spring break is coming up and we are going to Destin, guess who wont be wearing a bathing suit ? I don't even want to go, but I can't deny my daughter because of my obesity. Diane
Most Active