Dr. Kermie Robinson!!!

Chandra M.
on 3/3/04 1:43 am - Covington, GA
Just FYI, Dr. Robinson lost a patient on Saturday night. It was nothing he done wrong. The patient developed an infection in a completely unrelated part of her body and it resisted the antibiotics. I spoke with a family member and they do not blame Dr. Robinson at all for her death, in fact they commended Dr. Robinson because he went beyond his call of duty. Howver, he is very upset and emotionally drained and wants to take a break from bariatric surgery. Elaine is not going to line anyone up with another surgeon, she will call you with a list of surgeon's names and ph#. The support group meeting for tonight is cancelled until further notice. I personally am going to Dr. Duncan's seminar on 3/16. He is still scheduling surgeries for March and April and there is no wait, but you have to attend his seminar. Rose at Dr. Robinson gave me a copy of all of my paperwork (pre-op testing, labs, clearance letters, etc.) that I am fowarding to Dr. Duncan's office. Jackie at Dr. Duncan's office is extremely helpful and says they're going to do their best to get me in surgery around the first of April. Also, call your insurance company an explain the situation. I did, and they told me my approval would transfer to any in-network surgeon, he just has to call the pre-cert dept. and let them know they he will be the surgeon. I have BC/bs hmo. Good Luck to everyone. By the way, if anyone wants to meet somewhere for a support group in the Conyers/Covington area, I'd be really interested in attending. Again, best of luck!!!! Smooches, Chandra
Siddy I.
on 3/3/04 3:03 am - Savage, MN
Thanks for giving us an update. I love Dr.Robinson. He is not only a great surgeon but a wonderful person as well. I'm sorry your surgery is going to be delayed but hang in there. Good luck to you. Sidney
Jeff W.
on 3/4/04 1:26 am - McDonough, GA
Chandra, Although the support group meeting was cancelled we still met last night. No one from Dr. Robinson's staff was there; however, the support group is about and for us. So, we intend to continue meeting on the first Wed night of each month. We hope Elaine and the others continue to be there to be a part of the group but regardless the point of a support group is for all of us to support each other thru this process. We will continue to do that. Stay tuned for more info. Keep smiling it will all work out for the best. Jeff
Chandra M.
on 3/4/04 7:49 am - Covington, GA
Thanks Jeff!!! Elaine told me that the hospital cancelled the group meeting. I am so upset I missed it. Please continue to keep me in the loop. Thanks Again!! Chandra
dchildress
on 3/17/04 12:19 pm - Covington, GA
To my fellow fluffers I want to send my heart felt condolences to all that are dealing with a loss or a disappointment in your schedule. There are not enough words for me to expresses my compassion to you. My husband just had his surgery on March 8th at Atlanta Medical Center by Dr. Celio Burrowes. He is a very skilled surgeon and his office number is 678-904-1606. I will be checking on some things tomorrow and if all goes well I will have a place and schedule for a support group meeting in Conyers if any one is interested. Much Love to you all. Donna
Most Active