Surgery Cancelled. Help!!

Chandra M.
on 3/1/04 11:55 pm - Covington, GA
I was scheduled for open rny tomorrow 3/3/04, but my surgeon's office called last night and said that my surgery along with all of Dr. Robinson's other bariatric cases was cancelled. They also said he wouldn't be doing any wls in the near future. If anyone knows of a bariatric surgeon with a short wait list, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks, Chandra
LaShawn
on 3/2/04 12:19 am - RIVERDALE, GA
I am so sorry to hear that your surgery was cancelled. My friend used Dr. Case (Northside Hospital). He does open. She saw him in December and had surgery on 2/9/2004. That's fast. Look her up on the meber list Barbara Elders. I hope this helps.
mmeck
on 3/2/04 12:50 am - Hartwell, Ga
Gosh! I can only imagine how you feel. Did they give you any reason why? Marsha
Siddy I.
on 3/2/04 1:51 am - Savage, MN
OMG!!! I wonder why??? The support group meets tomorrow night at Rockdale Hospital, you can bet I'll get there early to find out whats going on. I'm so sorry your surgery was cancelled. Since you are already approved I hope you can find another surgeon to help you. Sidney
Becky S.
on 3/2/04 5:31 am
I know how you feel Chandra since I was supposed to have surgery this morning at 11:30. I got the call at 3:30pm yesterday afternoon 30 minutes before I was to drink the stuff to start cleaning me out. Now I was already upset that they cancelled and would not tell me why, but if they had called me after I had taken that stuff, I would have been real angry and mad. I have been trying to find another doctor all day long and it looks like I will have to start all over again even though I am ready for surgery. Some of the doctors I have spoken to do not even have an appointment open until April or May so I just keep praying and ask God to help me not be angry at Dr. Robinson because he has really caused lots of problems for his patients. I have faith that God will work things out and I just want to encourage you to hang in there, things will be alright. God Bless You. Sincerely, Becky Stanford
Karel J.
on 3/2/04 5:48 am - GA
Becky, When you say Dr. Robinson caused a lot of his patients problems, do you mean past surgical patients? I do know he's caused some of us problems by canceling our surgeries this week. If I understood Elaine correctly, once she knows what's up and if needed, she'll help me find a doctor to take me. I would hope the "new" doctor would accept all pre-op files, records, lab results, etc., and go ahead and do the surgery. My problem has been I haven't found a doctor that accepts my insurance. Believe me, I've been making calls today! And they've also told me that I would have to start the process over as well. That's been the bummer of my day. I think we're all anxious to know the story behind the indefinite cease of services. Guess we'll all hang in there together!
Becky S.
on 3/2/04 12:06 pm
Karel, What I meant was Dr. Robinson's patients that were scheduled for surgery this week and weeks to come. It just does not seem fair that some of the patients may even have to go through the tests again or some may even have to fight their insurance companies. I saw Dr. Robinson last week and there was no sign of him not wanting to operate or that there was a problem and then to cancel and not even give us an explanation. I was told that he would not be doing the gastric by-pass anymore and that I would need to find another doctor. Elaine did say she would try to find another doctor who would be willing to take me and do the surgery but there was no guarantee. She also said that Dr. Robinson would be calling all of his patients personally to explain why he cancelled but I have not heard a word from him even though I feel he owes all of us an explanation. I am looking into the doctors in Macon also since they are close to Jackson, GA where I live but the ones in Atlanta are saying that it will be later in the year before I could even get the surgery. Now that makes me mad! Has Dr. Robinson called you? Sorry, I do not mean to come off as being mean its just that I have been trying to get this surgery for a year and a half. Good Luck on your search and God Bless You. Sincerely, Becky Stanford Jackson, GA
Katherine B.
on 3/3/04 12:12 am - Alpharetta, GA
I feel so bad for everyone touched by this. I am still waiting for insurance approval so I can only imagine the nightmare you are going through. Please keep us updated. ***hugs*** Katherine Bohlander Alpharetta, GA
cathyg1028
on 3/3/04 3:52 am - MARIETTA, GA
Chandra, Call Dr John Daly. Talk to Tami - 404-252-0433 cag
Most Active