Medical Clearance vs Medical Necessity

MsJ
on 2/16/04 12:04 am - Atlanta, GA
I was told my dr. Speights in Dunca's office not to worry about the medical clearance letter until I was approved.. and I got all of the rest of the letter and when I called the office to confirm they got my faxed materials and Joyce tells me I need a medical clearance letter. Had I known I needed that... I would have gotten it. I am so pissed.. Does BC BS POS/HMO really need this?
Anna Marie D.
on 2/16/04 12:16 am - Suwanee, GA
I was declined because the medical clearance letter was not included when my paperwork was first submitted. Instead of BCBS calling and asking the surgeon to submit it I was declined and all the information had to be resubmitted. Very frustrating! Marie
MsJ
on 2/16/04 12:37 am - Atlanta, GA
Well I guess I will just suck it up and be at the office at 8am tomorrow morning to pester my PCP about it. I hope he doesn't make me wait again til the next day.
kiwani
on 2/16/04 12:16 pm - columbus, ga
ms jackson, i went for my consult on feb 3 and joyce made sure to tell us about the medical clearance letter, from the pcp that we needed for insurance and then when we are aproved we will need another one 30 days before that says we are medialically cleared for surgery... kiwani
MsJ
on 2/16/04 2:12 pm - Atlanta, GA
Joyce wasn't at my consult.. and mine was on the same day. I was following what the doctor said because I figured she knew what she was talking about.
NAT
on 2/18/04 6:36 am - Atlanta, GA
Oh I am sorry I made sure I had everything I needed and got my approval today from bcbs of ga pos
MsJ
on 2/18/04 10:32 am - Atlanta, GA
Congrats. My packet was faxed off this morning to the insurance company. We have the same insurance...how long did it take you to get approved? When do you find out your date?
NAT
on 2/21/04 9:48 am - Atlanta, GA
faxed on Feb 2nd medical board recived Feb 13th and approval Feb 18th..
Most Active