How do I find a local surgeon?

Linda B.
on 2/5/04 11:08 am - Adel, GA
When I called Dr Davis's office in Tifton, I was told he no longer performs bariatric surgery. This is disappointing since he's 30 miles from home (Adel). What I'd like to know: is there anyone else in S GA/N FL area that will do this surgery? Also, how many trips does this entail for post op w/o complications? Also, is there any way that I can get Dr Davis to do my surgery? My bmi is 36-37. I would assume that I'm low risk! TIA
dumpling
on 2/6/04 1:24 pm - Tifton, GA
Dear Linda, I know just how you feel. I live in Tifton and was soooooooo disappointed to find out he didn't do the surgery anymore. I was told that the reason was that he just didn't have enough call for it. I couldn't help thinking "Helloooo". Anyway, The next closest doctor I could find out about is in Waycross. His name is Doctor Paul.He has a seminar every first Tuesday in the month. If you would like you can email me and I'll let you know more. I 'm 59 and female but I do have a masculine sounding name so don't be put off by it.LOL Duane
Linda B.
on 2/7/04 12:15 pm - Adel, GA
Hi Duane, I've found three in Tallahassee which is 52 miles from me. Dr Davis' receptionist told me that the demand for wls didn't justify the high ins premiums. Thank you for replying. I once lived in Tifton and I loved it. When I married an Adel man, we moved down here to be closer to his grandchildren. I don't have any friends here, cept my neighbor and dh's children and my sis in Moultrie. Let's be friends. I'm 51, female, married with 7 step grandchildren!
Most Active