Evaluation questions!!!

Katrina B.
on 2/4/04 3:32 am - Augusta, GA
Hello everyone, My questions are for the diet evaluation and input- Does the insurance company pay or does the patients usually pay? I use bcbs ppo and when i did a search on the website for dietician it didn't come up with any listings. and what is included in the medical evaluation regarding clearance for surgery? And is that done by your surgeon or your PCP? Any help will be greatly appreciated, Katrina
NAT
on 2/4/04 10:14 am - Atlanta, GA
Katrina check your email I sent you something. I had UHC for my nutritionist and they paid 100%. But now I have bcbs pos with bellsouth. Hmmm lets see. My PCP set up the appt with the nutritionist and told me where to go. They had to send in a referral for that. I got the name of my phyc doc for the eval from one of the ladies in the bariatric center and told me he is good. I called and made an appt to him formyself. Are you talking about the Letter for Medical Clearance and the Letter for Medical Necessity. That should be written by your PCP. You may need a 6 month monitored diet with your pcp call bcbs and see. click on myt profile I have a list of what I needed to have. Also go to the link I emailed you. good stuff
Angel T.
on 2/14/04 11:22 am - Waycross, GA
I have BC/BS PPO and I am using a Dr.Feldt and she informed me that she does not mess with insurance, that it would be my choice to file. The other doctor office that I was told to use, could not even make up their mind on my charges. I was going to have to pay up front also. So, I guess it would be how you are using and their choice.
NAT
on 2/18/04 12:39 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hey Angel I don't know what your asking but what do you mean your choice. It's best if you go to a Bariatric surgeon whom specialized in this. Your insurance should tell you whom is in and out of network. I don't know where you live but if there is not someone right in your area you may have to drive to a facility. It's better than coming out 25,000 to 32,000 out of your pocket....
Most Active