Kasier Insurance

SWEETPEA B.
on 1/31/04 9:48 am
Has anyone had the surgery approved by Kasier, if so what are the requirements?
kisaacso
on 1/31/04 12:10 pm - Stockbridge, GA
I also have Kaiser Insurance, just beginning, right now all I know is that 1st you must get your primary physician to recommend you to see the Endocrinologist for further approval. I also know that you will need to ensure that you are up to date with your yearly physicals, make sure you get these done before you see the Endocrinologist. I will see him on Mar 2, 2004, I'll keep you informed of the outcome and what else you have to do!
SWEETPEA B.
on 1/31/04 12:20 pm
I went to the doctor on Friday and got a referral for a Endocrinologist and I was told that because I did not work for the government but for the state (teacher). I would not qualify for the WLS. Do you know anything about this? Let me know Thanks
kisaacso
on 1/31/04 10:01 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Sweetpea, Hi, I work for Dept of the Army, so I have no knowledge of state employees benefits. The only thing I can suggest is to call your main office. ki
dchildress
on 2/2/04 8:51 am - Covington, GA
Sweetpea, I know a little bit about this. My husband had us on Kaiser (state - teacher) and they have an exclusion clause that states that they will not cover any obesity treatments. This includes any meds, or surgical procedures. Switch your insurance to the BC/BS HMO, we did and we just got our surgical dates. We are both having our procedures done in March. Good luck to you and don't give up the fight. Donna
Phyllis B.
on 2/2/04 2:22 am
I too work for the State and Kaiser will not pay if you are not a Federal employee. I went to Kaiser, saw my PCP and he approved me but told me to go to referral to check and see if it was covered. I was told that by being employed through the State, our "group number" has an exclusion. Only Federal employees are covered --no questions asked. My only option is to change carrier during open enrollment.
Most Active