Insuarnce ???????

Michelle J.
on 1/30/04 9:57 am - Savannah, GA
Ok I have BC/ BS of Ga ppo. Dr. Duncan is my surgeon so his office gave me list of requirements that BC/BS want. Completed all that and now waiting for the pych to send over his paperwork, which he said could take up to a week. Then Joyce will fax everything to the insurance company. I was wondering if anyone has had a really bad experiance with them. Alot of people that have them say it was real easy and they approved them with no problem. I have everything they requested. Guess I'm just nervous came so far, and anyone would hate to be told no. Any feed back will help!!!!!!
Katrina B.
on 1/31/04 2:28 am - Augusta, GA
Hello Michelle, I have BC/ BS PPO. I have my consultation scheduled with Dr. Strickland in columbia, SC on february 9th. Could you email me the requirements that you was sent to you from Dr. Duncan office? I would call and find out the requirements directly but my coverage doesn't start until feb 8th. And do you know if they cover the surgery 90% or 100%? thanks for all your help, Katrina
Michelle J.
on 1/31/04 12:27 pm - Savannah, GA
Sure the requirments were , a letter from your pcp saying your medically cleared the exact words, thyroid panal, phych and a nutritionist evaluation. Plus a Bmi of 40% for the past three years. Every insurance plan is different on paying. Like mine pays 80%. So just look on your card and it should tell you. Hope this helps. Also Bc/bs told me I had to have a referral, but my pcp office said I did not because its a ppo plan. So i told my pcp office they said I needed a referral(Bc/Bs). So make sure you dont need a referral.
SWEETPEA B.
on 1/31/04 9:43 am
did you have to change insurers or did you have BS/BC of Ga ppo from the beginning of your interest in surgery
Michelle J.
on 1/31/04 12:19 pm - Savannah, GA
I have had Bc/Bs for almost a year and a half , prior to this I did not work and wasen't under a insurance plan.
Most Active