Has anyone been cancelled more than once?

Trauma Queen
on 1/30/04 1:10 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hey georgians I am a patient of Dr. Duncans and I was cancelled twice for surgery. Once for smoking and second for gaining weight. I am sick to death over it but its my fault entirely for not paying attention to what I was supposed to do. Just wondering if anyone else was cancelled for surgery because of weight gain and how much did you have to lose before surgery? Thanks, Donna
cheche00
on 1/30/04 3:40 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Hey Donna. I've been post-op for 5 months now. They told me not to gain anymore weight but to try to loose. I was the same weight the day of my surgery as I was the day of my exaim. They don't want you to gain at all they say they will cancle you. They want to know you are serious about loosing weight. I hope it works out for you. I went from a size 22 to a 12!!
Trauma Queen
on 1/30/04 11:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Princess I am working really hard at losing and I am doing it. I am hoping to get a date end of feb at the soonest. I will keep all my fellow georgians up to date Donna
kiwani
on 1/30/04 10:59 am - columbus, ga
donna , sorry to hear about your being cancelled... I had heard that he will do that but did not know first hand. I have stopped smoking again, what does he do check your blood before surgery? i was trying to find out which test checked it , to see what my results were from my first blood test.. i had been quit 3 weeks at that point but dont know where to look on the original bllod work... soo sorry, are you going to try again for a date? kiwani
Trauma Queen
on 1/30/04 11:25 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hey Kiwani, Yes I am working on a new date. The problem is that I smoked half a ciggerette on nov 15th. I had been quit for years prior to this and so no one told me NOT to smoke. Of course by the time I found this out from Karen at the pre op seminar it was too late. Dr. Johnson said we will postpone it for two months then try again. Yes they do indeed check for nicotine in your blood stream by doing a ABG (aterial blood gas). It is when they draw blood from your wrists. I know several people who sneaked a smoke before surgery and were sent home. Second time I went in for my pre op seminar I had gained 11 pounds. I really didnt work that hard maintaining my weight or even losing. I am 396 so standard scales dont work for me and I must go to the endocrinologist to weigh in. The doctor didnt even see me after they weighed me, they sent me home saying lose 15 to 20 pounds. I weighed then 407. I am now back down to 395 and losing So I am hoping the third times a charm. I will give Joyce a call when I hit the 380 mark. So thats my story. Donna
Most Active