Consult with Dr Duncan, what can I expect?

OHAngel2006
on 1/27/04 10:14 pm - GA
Hello everyone. Tomorrow is my consultation at Dr Duncan's office. What can I expect? How long will I be there?
Tiffany B.
on 1/27/04 11:51 pm - Charlotte, NC
Hi Tracy! If this is your first consult with Dr. D then here is what to expect: You have more paperwork to fill out, then they will call you back to weigh and measure you. Then you will be taken to a conference room to wait with about 6 others. Then one of the drs. will come in and have a nice chat with you and answer any questions you might have. After that is over you will be taken to an exam room where one of the drs. will come in and talk briefly with you, look at your stomach and tell you what tests they want you to have before they will do surgery. These tests all have to be within 90 days of surgery. What I did was wait until I got my insurance approval for surgery and then had my sleep study which was the only test they wanted me to have. Good luck to you, I will be there tomorrow morning as well for my final 1 on 1 before surgery on 2/17/04, maybe I will see you there. Feel free to email me directly if you have any more questions or just need someone to talk to. ([email protected]) Tiff
OHAngel2006
on 1/28/04 4:20 am - GA
Final consult, wow! that's awesome!!! So, how long can I expect to be there?
Tiffany B.
on 1/28/04 9:04 am - Charlotte, NC
If I recall I was there until about 10:30am or 11am. Just really depends on how many questions and how long you have to wait to see the Dr. after you are moved into the exam room. When I left there were still 3 others in my group that had not been seen yet individually. From this time it will depend on how long it takes you to get your required paperwork into the office so they can submit to your insurance for approval. Most insurances require a psych eval...no big deal, as well as recent bloodwork and some require recent diets. I have Aetna and they required a 6 month physician supervised diet with nutritional counseling and exercise. I started on this on 8/1/03. Dr. D does require a 3 month diet on for his program. It will take this long to get your insurance approved and go to the nutrition and exercise class with Karen and Keva and to get your surgery scheduled. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions. Tiff
MsJ
on 1/28/04 5:01 am - Atlanta, GA
I just got my initial consult scheduled with them on the 19th of February. I wonder how long the wait will have to be before we can schedule the surgery. I am pretty sure I won't have any tests. I'm pretty healthy to be a walking blimp. Anyone have any experience with BlueCross HMO or POS and getting approval?
Adam Z.
on 1/29/04 6:53 am - Loganville, GA
HE IS A GREAT DR,I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM I AM 18 MONTHS POST OP AND I FEEL GREAT JUST LOOK AT MY PAGE TO SEE ALL MY NOTES DONT WORRY ABOUT A THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OHAngel2006
on 1/29/04 7:27 am - GA
Each insurance company has a list of requirements (ie. testing) and each is a little different. Whether you need additional testing for Dr Duncan will depend on your health. I was there today for my initial consult. All went well. I was there about an hour and a half. The earlier you get there, the earlier you'll be "in line" to be seen. They are all so wonderful!
Most Active