Plastic Surgery

Tammy W.
on 1/27/04 12:13 pm - Dallas, GA
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on obtaining insurance approval for plastic surgery, I want to have a lower body lift and a breast lift. I am not ready yet, but I 19lbs to goal and I am planning for the future. I asked my PCP and he was useless, he said "its not medically necessary they won't approve it" I have chronic back and neck pain, I thought that would be enough to start the ball rolling but not with this guy. I need to know what symtoms "help" gain insurance approval under the medical necessity clause for the proceedures I am interested in. Anyway, any light anyone can shed on this for me is greatly appriciated!! Thanks a million!
Lynda B.
on 1/28/04 9:04 pm - Dallas, GA
THE BEST WAY I HAVE FOUND IS TO CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY PERSONALLY. ASK THEM THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD QUALIFY UNDER AND GO FROM THERE. GET ANOTHER DRS. OPINION, SAY A BACK DR. ANYTHING FROM ANOTHER DR. WOULD BE HELPFUL. I HAVE BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD PPO GOVERNMENT PLAN AND THEY WILL PAY. DON'T FORGET TO CALL YOUR INSURANCE CO. LYNDA BALL DALLAS, GA. TOO
Most Active