Question for Dr. Duncan's Patients

Tiffany B.
on 1/26/04 10:07 pm - Charlotte, NC
Hi all. My surgery date is 2/17/04. I was told by Karen to not weigh more than 245 when I go for my pre-op which is this Thursday. I did gain some weight over the holidays (duh) and have gotten back down to 246.5, however I can't seem to lose the extra few pounds to get below 245. Will Dr. Duncan really cancel me if I am just 1-2 lbs. over my consult weight? Thanks, Tiff aka Nervous in Atlanta!
Joe C.
on 1/27/04 4:01 am - Manor, GA
Tiffany, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes. If you are 1 pound over, or still weigh the same, he will cancel your surgery date. I am not sure if this is on the consult date or the date of surgery. Sorry!!!!! Joe
Tiffany B.
on 1/27/04 4:19 am - Charlotte, NC
Thanks Joe. I did talk to Joyce in Dr. D's office yesterday and told her my dilemma. Since I have been riding a bike 10 - 15 miles each night at the gym she said I should be fine...muscle weighs more than fat. I am still dieting big time until Thursday...wish me luck that I can shed that extra 1.5 lbs. I am crossing fingers, toes, eyes, anything that will cross in hopes that I can do it. Tiff
TyaJO
on 1/27/04 9:50 am - Atlanta, GA
Tiff Im in the same boat as you. My pre-op is Thursday and I did gain a little weight over the holidays. I weighed in today and I was under 1 pound from my orginal weight. I still trying to drop a few more pounds before thursday. I wish you luck and I will see you on thursday.
Tiffany B.
on 1/27/04 11:42 pm - Charlotte, NC
Hi Tonya, I weighed in 1.5 lbs. less this morning... I am back to consult weight! Yeah! I burned over 700 calories at the gym last night and plan on doing the same routine tonight as well. Hopefully I can get down a little bit more before tomorrow morning. Let's hope Dr. D's scales weigh light! See you in the morning! Tiff
Tiffany B.
on 1/28/04 9:06 am - Charlotte, NC
Woo Hoo I did it...as of tonight I am down to 245...just burned off 830 calories at the gym (man am I sore) but I will be AOK for tomorrow! Tiff
cheche00
on 1/29/04 2:53 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I don't know anyone personally that was cancle but they told me the same thing. I weigh the same the day I went for my surgery. I hope they don't do that that would be so wrong the reason you are having the surgery is because you can't do it on your own! Princess Griggs Lawrenceville GA
Tiffany B.
on 1/29/04 11:50 pm - Charlotte, NC
I was down and good to go...Woo Hoo. I find out today what my new surgery date is as they were moving it to next week for me due to some personal issues that came up...I am so happy!! thanks!! Tiff
cheche00
on 1/30/04 3:36 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I am soo happy for you!! What date is your surgery? I will be praying for you.
Tiffany B.
on 1/30/04 5:30 am - Charlotte, NC
I am back to my original surgery date of 2/17/04. Not too much longer!! Thanks for the prayers! Tiff
Most Active