Losing that last 40 pounds!

Marilyn P.
on 1/26/04 4:45 am - Douglasville, GA
Hi Gang, Well.....the honeymoon is over. The weight has stopped "falling off". I feel great, eat anything I want, and have stopped losing. What I need now, is to get back on track. Do you have any helpful hints to jump start the weight loss process again? I started going back to Gold's Gym last week, cut down on simple carbs, curbed the snacking and I'm getting more rest. It's not as much fun as it used to be. I'm still on the Obesity scale, sure would like to be "overweight".
Lynda B.
on 1/26/04 8:52 am - Dallas, GA
HELLO FROM LYNDA BALL IN DALLAS, GA. WE ARE NEIGHBORS. IN YOUR LAST STATEMENT YOU SAID YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE "OVERWEIGHT". DO YOU MEAN THAT AFTER ALL YOU HAVE BEEN THRU? HOW MUCH HAVE YOU LOST. I HAVE BEEN APPROVED, TEST FINISHED AND DR. DENNIS SMITH AT KENNESTONE WILL DO MY SURGERY. I WILL HELP YOU GET THRU THIS. JUST E-MAIL ME @ SASSYLYNDA@ BELLSOUTH.NET. WE CAN GO FROM THERE. "STAY FOCUSED" IS A BIG POSTER I HAD MADE FOR MY BEDROOM SO EACH MORNING WHEN I WAKE UP I WILL SEE IT. I WEIGH 249LBS. AND I JUST TURNED 50 ON JAN.11. WE CAN DO THIS.
Marilyn P.
on 1/26/04 9:40 pm - Douglasville, GA
What I meant by, "overweight", is losing enough weight to have a BMI say I'm "overweight" instead of obese. I weigh 175, I've lost 135 pounds and at 5'2" I'll be obese until I reach 163 or so pounds. It's strange to look forward to being "overweight". I've begun the road to overweight by walking on the treadmill each morning, working out 3 times a week, swimming and playing racquetball on the weekends. Once I reach overweight, my goal is "NORMAL". That's what we all ultimately want, to be healthy and look normal. It gets harder and harder for some of us after we begin to feel good and fit in smaller sizes. We don't always admit that the job isn't done until we are within a healthy, normal weight range for our age and height. Call me sometime, we can meet and talk about it a bit. Thanks for asking.
cheche00
on 1/29/04 8:48 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Hight makes a different I'm 5'7" and people think I wear a 10 but I wear a 12 I went from a 22 to a 12 so far because of my body structure I don't thing I can get any smaller I do have 22lbs to go and some fat left. It is hard to get back on track but start out with the water and go back to your old eating habits. Keep the walking up too. You can do it!!
Most Active