A question for Duncan's Patients

Joe C.
on 1/19/04 2:35 am - Manor, GA
I went for my initital visit at Peachtree Bariatrics and was very impressed with the staff, the facility, and the doctor. I attended the seminar on 11/23/03 and my visit was last week (1/15/04). I was not given a date yet for surgery, but was told Joyce would call by the first of this week to schedule. With my BMI being below 55, there is no set amount of weight I need to loose, and because I am healthy (just fat ) no additional tests will be required other than what I need for insurance approval. My quesiton is this, about how long should I expect before the surgery? I know they said it is typically 90 days until surgery, I just wanted to know if anyone has had their surgery sooner than that? I know I'm jumping the gun and everyone says to be patient, I was just curoius . Thanks!!!! Joe
courtney M.
on 1/19/04 7:09 am - rome, GA
Hey Joe, I started with all my testing and seminars in Sept. and I am 13 days post op. It can take a while, 90 days is reasonable. But before you know it it will be "surgery day" and you feel like it came up before you knew what hit you ! Good Luck , Courtney
NICOLE C.
on 1/19/04 8:49 am - CONYERS, GA
Joe I had to wait 90 days. I had surgery on 12/3/03. Already down 45lbs. Hang in there and Good Luck!! NiCole
kiwani
on 1/20/04 1:28 am - columbus, ga
hi joe, i really dont know about your time wait, but kaaren told me since all of my test are done before i go to seminar today and have been seeing another surgeon here in columbus that i may not have to wait that long, did you tell them to put you on canellation list? kiwani
Marianne513
on 1/21/04 9:52 am - Lanett, AL
Joe- I attended the seminar on October 9th, had my initial visit on October 20th, insurance approval on November 21st and I had my surgery on January 13th. Mine seemed to go pretty quick for me. Good Luck and keep me posted. Marianne Broussard [email protected]
jenafwife
on 1/21/04 11:09 pm - Blue Ridge, GA
My consult visit was 3/03 and 6/03 was called for a surgery date in 8/03 but later was called to change to an earlier date of 7/25/03. So in all it was 4 months. I think if you don't have any other testing and insurance approves you right away then you will probably get a date sooner. Good Luck!!
MsJ
on 1/28/04 5:36 am - Atlanta, GA
That was my question too.. Like you I am a healthy fat person too.. LOL.. Let's laugh now... because in a year.. people won't be able to recognize us.. Hee Hee. I have my consult for the 19th of Feb.. so I am very anxious. I already got eveything else except the dietician settled.
Most Active