LEFT BEHIND

BOBADOSH B.
on 1/18/04 4:15 pm - NC
HELLO ALL I AM JUST VENTING A BIT I AM KIND OF DEPRESS AND ALL MIX UP INSIDE.. I FEEL AND AND AND AND I FEEL LIKE I JUST WANT TO GO SOME WHERE AND WHY ???????? YOU MAY ASK CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING LEFT BEHIND I WENT TO ALL THE MEETINGS...... I DID ALL THE PAPER WORK...... I GOT ALL KINDS OF TEST DONE AND PASSED HEALTH WISE ......... BUT OUTHER PEOPLE WHO WERE IN MY 3 DAY WORKSHOP DONE HAD THEIR WLS AND ON THE LOSSING SIDE AND I DONT HERE NOUGHTING SENCE 3 DAY WORKSHOP .....TILL I STARTED TO CALL AND BUG THEM AFTER THE NEW YEAR AND NOW I FINELY HAVE ANOUTHER APPT WITH THE PSYH THE 22 ND OF JAN AND THE WAY MY LIFE ALWAYS SEEMS TO WORK OUT I WONT PASS WHY IS IT TAKING MEEEEEE SOOOOOOOO LONG ?????????????????? I TRY TO GET IN CHAT TONIGHT TO GET SOME SURPORT BUT CANT GET IN I CANT SLEEP THINKING ABOUT THAT APPT WITH PSYH ANYWAY THANKS FOR LISTING GOD BLESS TO ALL WANDA
Jewell M.
on 1/18/04 11:01 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Wanda: One thing I have learned in my 58 years is thart you've got to advocate for yourself. Every time you sit and wait for the right thing to happen, you just end up sitting and waiting. Get on the phone and ask. You will not be bothering anyone. You are standing up for yourself. Just remember to ask nicely and politely and say please and thank you. Why? Because it doesn't help to be rude and nasty to the only people who can solve your problem(s.) You can always get angry later, as my husband taught me. If you start out mad you have no where else to go if things get worse. Now, go outside and scream and curse and kick a tree. Hurt didn't it. Go, brush your hair, and smile at yourself. Your going to be in control. In fact, by calling and questioning you did the right thing. The psychologist will see your frustration, and a very determined and polite person who is ready for change. Best wishes, Jewell Munn
Lori C.
on 1/21/04 12:08 pm - Jonesboro, GA
Hi Wanda, Please don't give up. I went to the weight loss seminar back in July of this year. Since then, I have done everything the doctor's office required. I got frustrated too and started calling them. They were encouraging and helpful. I had to call my insurance company many times. The people there were not as helpful ( I am being very diplomatic here). Every time I turned in one more thing they required, they asked me to get them something else. It was extremely frustrating so I know how you feel but I was determined not to give up. Finally, yesterday I got my approval from them. My whole family cheered. They said they were starting to think it would never happen. Hang in there and keep on them. You will get there! If I can do it so can you! Good luck! I'll say a little prayer for you. Lori
modeanryan
on 1/26/04 11:31 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Wanda and Lori, I am just curious. What city are your doctor's in? I am just getting started on my quest, so I am trying to determine if we have the same doc. I don't know how long my health will hold out if I don't have this soon... I wish you both the absolute best of luck. -Tami
Lori C.
on 3/18/04 11:24 pm - Jonesboro, GA
I am so sorry for replying to this so late! I am in Jonesboro, Ga. so not far from you. I just had my surgery on Mar.3 after 7 months of dealing with doctors trying to get my insurance approved. Dr. Duncan was my surgeon and once I found out I was approved, my surgery was 3 weeks later so they moved fast. I am doing fantastic. No pain and am already eating soft foods. I had my post-op yesterday and they said I am doing great. I know how you feel. I had developed diabetes, high blood pressure, my feet were constantly swollen and my immune system was sluggish. Since the surgery I have lost 21 lbs which has been enough to lower my blood pressure, I am off the diabetes medicine and my feet are no longer swollen! My shoes are too big. It's a good feeling. I wish you luck and let me know how you are coming along. Lori
Most Active