VBG Band Migration, 75% in stomach,25% into gastric cavity

Beverly R.
on 1/17/04 9:53 pm - Moultrie, Ga
Hi, I am Bev, 48yr old fe, Georgia. I had VBG in 87. Lost 110 pounds in 8 mos. In 88 had two pills obstruct pouch which caused surgery to be ineffective. I am a Nurse, on Disability since 97 due to SLE,Fibro,CFS, and now have Gastroparesis. As the title relfects I now have the complication of Band Migration thru the stomach wall and into the gastric cavity. I saw a great Gastro Doc at Shands. He said the Band has to come out and a referral has been made to a Surgeon at Shands hospital in Gainesville Fla. The Surgeon is Dr. Route. I am waiting on an appt. I feel that this will require an open abdominal surgery to correct. If they are going to operate on me anyway I wish to have the VBG be functional again. I have adhesions from previous abdominal surgery, including a Gallballder removal, Hysterectomy and Intrabominal Bleeding. I am interested in talking to anyone who had heard of this complication with band migration, knows of anyone who had it and what their experiences were. I would be estatic to learn that it could be repaired laparoscopically. I am interested in talking to any of you here and look forward to being a part of this group. Warm Regards and Well Wishes to all, Bev R. Moultrie,Ga.
PEGGY B.
on 1/18/04 10:14 am - SYLVA, NC
hi and thanks for your help that your support you sent me,i really dont know too much about what is going on but kinda undestand. i am really looking for a doc like you that has plenty of knowledege and experience in this revsion ,i know what you mean about living with the side affects and not able to lose weight still my insurance is coresource .the only ppo in the network is the emory clinic i will be going on the 5th of feb.maybe you can call and try to get in also.my gastro doctor has also told me i do need a revsion.i just had a hysterectomy nov 14 2003 i done very well and i had 2 laparsocics 2 remove adhesions,since 2002 and 2 csections since my 1st gastric bypass i***** so my body i think does very well with surgery. they say the docs at emory are very good so hopefull they might be able to help you please keep in touch on how things go.take care and GOD bless you and keep you safe peggy
Most Active