PROTEIN SHAKES AND VITAMINS HELP!!!

Wendy R.
on 1/15/04 9:36 pm
Hey all.... Okay I am 11 days out and I need to start all of the protein shakes and vitamins....Please help me begin... Where can I get all this? What have you all found to be the best? I know I probably should have already started but I am kind of LOST! Thanks for your help I need it!!! Wendy 247/228
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/04 10:31 pm - Georgia Peach, MD
Hey Wendy, My standard protein shake is Isopure Strawberries and cream Whey protein from GNC. It is so easy to drink. To add variety, I also ordered the Rich chocalate whey protien and the Whey Fruity lemonade protein from www.bariatriceating.com. The owner of the company also had WLS so she understands our plight. You can just order a few samples to see what you like. I also take the vistavitamins that you can order from her.
Nanci H.
on 1/17/04 2:45 am - Jackson, GA
I agree, Isopure from GNC is the best. I like all flavors except the orange. Nanci
pambelo
on 1/17/04 12:03 pm - Clarkesville, GA
Isopure from GNC is so expensive. Save some money and buy it online or from Obesity Solutions in Gainesville. It's 49.99 at GNC and 32.00 from OS. SOme online places have it for 31.99. GNC is too expensive.
Gemini52272
on 1/17/04 11:04 pm - Hiram, GA
I'm 3 months post-op with Dr. Duncan and I have used carnation instant breakfast (no sugar added of course) with a scoop of protien powder. That along with the milk does me good. I take it to work and sip on it til lunch. From GNC I've tried the whey protien powder Caramel Chocolate, YUMMY! You can also request protien samples from www.unjury.com they'll send you two, the chocolate is good. I've also tried Isopure (tastes like kool-aid) from GNC. The only one I've had is blue raspberry. I think it would be very good in another flavor. Maybe cherry, orange, or punch, but blue raspberry isn't one of my favs. As for vitamins, I tried a liquid kind from GNC, it is "cranberry aloe" flavor. Granted you only have to take a tablespoon full once a day, it has a funky taste. But once its gone, I'll try another kind. I prefer the liquid since I'm also taking calcium citrate and two hair/skin/nails pills a day, not to mention the B12, too. It's all trial and error at first. Good luck in your journey...
Dixie_Angel
on 1/25/04 12:17 pm - Demorest, GA
I was on ebay and there is alot there and you can bid you it can be alot cheaper. I love the isopure. There is a good selection on ebay. I have other links if you like such as discount places online. Hope that helps, Lisa
Most Active