Searching for Inspirational person

Katherine B.
on 1/14/04 6:51 am - Alpharetta, GA
Hi, My name is Katherine Bohlander and I am a special projects producer for CBS 46 in Atlanta. I am going to be going through the process of getting a gastric bypass, but I am also going to be producing a series following a person through the entire process, telling their story, clearing-up misconceptions about WLS, going over the risks and benefits, and following that person through recovery and weight loss. If you are interested in sharing your story with me, to help me prepare for my personal journey or to find out more about this special I am producing. Please, feel free to contact me. Also, please know that I will do nothing to embarrass you. This is a serious story that I think many people can benefit from. Katherine 404-327-3084 [email protected]
Wendy R.
on 1/15/04 4:11 am
Hello Katherine, I had the surgery on Jan 5, 2004 from Dr. Duncan in ATL. I would love to talk with you and answer the concerns or what have you that you may have about the surgery. I have had a very uneventful surgery thus far and I am 10 days post op now and have lost approximately 18lbs. 247/229
BOBADOSH B.
on 1/17/04 1:35 am - NC
HELLO I LIVE IN OTTO N.C. BUT I AM HOPEING TO GET WLS BY DR PROCTOR OR DR RICHERDS IN GAINSVILL GA I AM BASHFUL BUT I FEEL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT WLS GOOD AND BAD AND LET NONE OBESITY PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS IN NOT A EASY WAY OUT ........FOR SOME ITS THE ONLY WAY OUT DR PROCTOR HAS THIS BEFOR DURING AND AFTER PROGRAM LOT OF THINGS YOU HAVE TO COMPLY WITH BUT I HAVE BEEN STUDYING HIM FOR OVER A YEAR AND HE THE BEST SO I'M GOING WITH HIM I HAVE MY PSYH EVAL THE 22ND OF JAN WISH ME LUCK AND MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ON YOUR WLS KEEP IN TOUCH WANDA([email protected])
Jewell M.
on 1/17/04 5:30 am - Peachtree City, GA
Katharine: I don't know how inspirational I am, but I am scheduled for surgery at Emory Clinic with Dr. C. Daniel Smith on the 28th. I have to overcome some negative tests before the 22 and have pre-op on the 23rd. I'm sure I could give some of the frustrations of modern medicine. I am 5'1.5" and started in August at 53.3BMI. I am 58 years old and have fought weight since I was twelve. Good luck on your career and your operation. Jewell Munn 770-487-0942 [email protected]
Marianne513
on 1/21/04 10:01 am - Lanett, AL
Katherine- I had WLS last Tuesday, January 13th. I would love to talk to you about my journey. I truly believe the Lord had his hand in this the whole time. From the beginning I have not had any obstacles stand in my way. The Lord has opened all the doors and I have simply passed through. This is the first surgery I have ever had that I felt at ease about and I know it was because of family and friends lifting me in prayer during this journey. I'm now 8 days out and feel GREAT!!! I go back to the doctor Friday a.m. for my check-up. I'm anxious to see how much I've lost. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to talk. Marianne Broussard [email protected]
Katherine B.
on 1/22/04 12:20 am - Alpharetta, GA
Marianne, I am so glad you are doing well after surgery. I am really looking for someone I can follow through the process from the first surgeon's visit to several months after. I would love, though, to talk to you for background on the story as well as be a source of support for you. Also, just so you and any other poster knows, I have been contacting the other wonderful people who have responded by email. I don't want anyone to think I have not contacted the people who have been so open and willing to share their stories with me. I will be thinking about you tomorrow as you go in for your first post-op office visit. Please, let me know how it goes. Bless, Katherine
Dixie_Angel
on 1/25/04 12:27 pm - Demorest, GA
Hey, I have had the lap band wls. I am an open person and I will help you with whatever you need. I am not ashamed of anything. I will tell you whatever you need to know. I can tell ya about being an obese child, no sex life, infertility due to obesity, and insurance struggles. Let me know. I dont hide my surgery. I am proud you are doing a program. The joe public and most PCP dr's dont have a clue. Good for you!!
Christy L.
on 1/26/04 2:06 am - Dallas, GA
Katherine: I had lap rny at Northside Hospital on Dec 9, 2003. I was a relatively healthy person going in, but had a family history that was sure to doom my future. I am married, but have no children. I was denied by insurance to begin with but after a fight and complaint to the insurance commissioner, I was finally approved. I also have 2 other people in my family who have had this surgery, all of us with different surgeons. I would be glad to answer any questions you have or give you and feedback that I can. Feel free to email me. Christy
Most Active