Hi--I have a LapBand

chai2006
on 1/10/04 11:31 pm - Rome, GA
I am about 9 months postop--had my surgery in Dalton GA with Dr Rick Fromm on 4/3/03, haven't had any experiences that I could call a problem, and have lost 57 lbs. My band has been adjusted twice (tightened, it's an outpatient thing and takes about 20 mim.) and has 3 ml saline in a 4 ml band. The weight loss is slow, and varies from 4-10 lbs/month but I feel really comfortable. I can eat about a cup total at a meal and it WILL stop me if I try for more but I am doing well with not trying to pu**** I eat lots of protien and then fiber, I drink lots of water (sodas do not work at all). Just wanted to say hi and best wishes to everyone with the surgery of their choice. Jill Davis Dr. Fromm-Hamilton Surg. Wt. Mgt. 4/3/03 216/159/goal 130 5'2"--will be 40 2/8/04
Katherine B.
on 1/14/04 7:03 am - Alpharetta, GA
Congrats. What made you decide on the lap-band versus gastric bypass? I am just starting the process now and would love your input. Thanks, Katherine
Dixie_Angel
on 1/25/04 12:33 pm - Demorest, GA
I am also a lap bander. I had Dr Ponce. I am 3 weeks out. I am stuck on the weight loss. I go back on 2/9 for my first fill. I hope it starts the weight loss again. I am not exercising yet. Too cold and wet to get outside. I will get busy when the fill is done. I would love to hear more about what all you eat and such. If you exercise or do anything else. Thanks, Lisa
Most Active